09 - the one where she rambles

Taara stared at the waves wetting the rocks and disappearing. She looked around. He hadn't come yet. Taara felt stupid for waiting for him, but she couldn't help it. She was growing used to their little time they shared. Perhaps he was growing on her? Frustrated she started rambling away to the waves about how men could never be on time. 

"Hey," a voice interrupted her. She didn't have to look to know who it belonged to. But she did turn to catch sight of him. As usual, he was in his formal pants and shirt. But today he looked tired. His hair was messy in contrast to being perfectly set, like they were every other day. He sat beside her, a good inches away, as usual. He flashed a smile her way. It wasn't like the one he gave her every other day. Perhaps she was just overthinking all of it?

"Hey, all okay?" She eyed him.

He blinked at her, slightly taken aback. "Yeah!" He smiled. This time there was a wee bit genuineness in it. She smiled and as her gaze drifted away from his face she noticed the bandage around his right palm. "What happened?" She asked curiously switching her gaze between his eyes and palm. 

"Oh, this, um, nothing, just a wound while picking up broken glass." He said looking down at his hand.

"Sure, you okay?" Taara asked hesitantly. For some reason, it felt very odd. 

"Of course. Why, do you think I punched some guy and that's how I got this?" He asked smugly.

Taara smiled. "Well, that's a possibility."

"I wonder what image of me you have conjectured in your little head up there." He remarked smiling to himself. 

"God, you men! Why do you think I have a little head?"

"Pardon me. I forgot you get offended as easily as the wind creates ripples." he chucked.

"Rude." She commented shaking her head. "I am not offended, I am just mad that how you men think so lowly of a women's IQ. How you, men are never on time. How you men never understand a woman's feelings. How you men ..."

"You're rambling, Taara."

"That's so insensitive. See you call my complaints rambling."

"Sorry."

"What?" Taara looked up at him, confused. 

"I came late. That's this entire talk about right? So there you, I am sorry. Something we men do very quickly and women take ages to." He added.

"Please. Men never mean it when they sorry." She argued.

"You speak like you have had experience with a thousand plus men who have wronged you and not apologized." He pointed out. She stared at him. "I don't give a damn, whether you come early or late or if you come at all." She spoke irritated.

He laughed. "Your irritation is cute."

"Excuse me?" She rolled her eyes. "Have you taken a degree in irking people and then judging their irritation?" She asked sweetly looking at him with a sugarcoated expression. He laughed shaking his head in a negative. "Never even thought of it in my wildest dreams."

Taara sighed, smiling a little. His laugh made her smile. Was happiness contagious? Can seeing someone happy make you happy? Wasn't that the whole point of writing happy stories and making happy movies? She stared at the waves thoughtfully. 

"So, you'll come around tomorrow?" His question made her look at him. 

"No. Dad wants me to attend some party with him." She sighed looking at him sideways. 

"Ahan, party, and all." He winked. 

She smiled. "I hate parties." 

"God, so you're boring kind?"

"You're being judgemental, Mister." 

"Well, trust me it's okay to enjoy a party once a while. It's an amazing experience to go out of character once a while and experience how it is to be the opposite of what you are."

Taara slowly nodded sinking his words. "I will give it a shot and let you know the feedback." She giggled picking up her bag. 

"So see you, on Monday?" She smiled standing up.

He smiled, "Monday." 

"You're not leaving yet?" She asked looking around it had started growing dark. 

"Will stay while here. Bye. Good night!" He smiled as she prepared to walk away. 

"Good night." She smiled. 

"Have fun." He blinked his eyes cutely grinning. 

Taara grinned, "Haha, thanks!" She turned walking away, a stupid smile on her face. Maybe she could use his advice and enjoy being something she is not. Here, a party person!

 Here, a party person!