30 - the one where they hug

"Hi!" Aayush greeted as he entered her room. They had been texting an hour ago when he was in his office. She was complaining about how boring her day was going. So he decided to pay her a visit and they decided to have lunch together.

"Please tell me you did buy burger for me?" Taara asked looking at him. She was tired of drinking soups having unexciting vegetable curries and khichdi. She wasn't sick, just a little damaged.

"I told you I am not buying you that." He spoke as he dragged the chair close to her bed.

"Then why even bother coming!" She muttered annoyed. She was craving for some good food.

"Oh, someone's in a bitter mood. Maybe you could use this." He extended his hand holding a paper bag. 

"No, thank you!"

He smiled at her unreasonable stubbornness. "Okay. It was a bournville. Maybe your mother will like it better." No sooner than had he completed saying that then Taara's hand grabbed it. 

"She took half the Hershey's Kisses you brought for ME." Taara muttered peeping inside the papaer bag. Aayush chuckled. 

The housemaid entered the room with a tray laid with food. Taara had convinced the housemaid to not tell her mother that she had a friend over. Sarita, the housemaid had only one condition— that Taara would eat what her mother had cooked for her. Taara had agreed. Sarita had been working in their house for more than seven years now. She was like another family member. 

Taara's eyes widened when she saw the tray laid with two plates. One with a paratha and paneer gravy while other with a simple rotis and ridge gourd curry. Sarita placed the bed table and helped Taara sit comfortably. Taara thanked her while she handed the plate filled with yummy food to Aayush. Aayush thanked her and she left the room. "This is cheating." Taara whispered. 

"Shut up. This is for you. Is she gone?" He whispered. Taara looked beyond his shoulder and nodded. He scooted his chair closer to her bed. "You eat this while I will eat that." Taara's face brightened up. What an idea! She proceeded to take the plate from his hand. "No wait..let me place it on the table..so that if she comes back to check..we are not caught." He whispered while cleverly readjusting the bed table. 

"You're very smart, not the first time is it?." Taara giggled taking her first bite.

"Thank you for the compliment." He smiled proceeding to eat the food that was meant for her. "You better not lie to your mother about my visit." He spoke as they ate.

"This is not spicy." Taara spoke as she chewed. 

"Yeah, cause I instructed the cook to make it yummy but healthy. You're on medication spicy food isn't a good option." He explained.

"Spicy food is good for the heart you know." Taara stated.

"Must be, but the bad effects of spicy food outnumber their benefits. Besides, you certainly cannot have spicy food. Your mother loves you that's why she has been feeding you with all this good food. Coming back to your mother...where is she?"