03 - the one where they reason

"Did you just say date me?" She spoke aloud her thoughts. 

He grinned. "Yep, I did. Aren't you happy about it?" 

"Excuse me. What are you? Tom Cruise? Why would I be happy about it? I don't even know you. Who knows you might be some -- some -- inappropriate person."

It was his turn to be offended.  "Excuse me?" He exclaimed. "Inappropriate? Are you crazy? Well that you are. Wrong question.  But trust me, I don't have a criminal background or psychological disorder. "

Taara forced a smile. Sarcasm dripped off that curve. "So, just because you gave yourself a character certificate I should date you?"

"I fit into your criteria.  Trust me I am everything you want!" He smiled.

Taara looked at him without batting an eyelid. What he just said  sounded so wrong in ine particular way. Clearing her adulterated thinking, she spoke, "I don't 'want' anyone or anything. "

"God, are you crazy.  Just few minutes back you had a long list."

Taara was offended again. Long list? It was just a short simple list. "Look, Mister, It was not a 'long' list." She stated stressing on the word long. He looked at her bewildered and amused. "It's relatively nothing to what other girls out there want. "

He smiled. "Are you always this confused or is it the consequence of my good looks today?"

Taara turned towards him with a glaring face. "Do you always give yourself your own judgements? Who said you're good looking?"

"The mirror. " he shrugged. "Every time I look it I know that you know..I am something." He grinned his confidence shining in his eyes.

Taara shook her head turning to him. "You're just too much into yourself. Sorry, to break your bubble dude." She feigned sympathy while he gaped at her. 

"Just because you don't love yourself doesn't mean you make everyone else hate themselves."

Taara's jaw dropped. "Oh, wow. So you're passing judgement on me now. Who said I don't love myself? And who are you to even talk to me. I don't know you. You are a stranger. I don't talk to strangers. And just so you know. I am a black belt in karate." She smiled.

"Wow. You give me so many details and pass judgment about me and say that you don't know me. I don't know you. But you technically know me, my name." He pointed out.

Taara looked at him confused. "What do you want?"

"Excuse me? I want? You wanted a boyfriend.  I just proposed myself as a probable candidate."

Taara couldn't help but laugh. "Candidate? What is this, interview for who bags the position of 'Taara Mittal Jaisingh's boyfriend' ?"

"Taara?" He smiled slightly turning his head din her direction.  "Nice name."

Taara's humor faded. She just gave out her name to the stranger who was now not technically a stranger. He looked away from her face holding back his smile. "It's okay, I won't publish your bitching about your boss or friends in the newspaper. "

Taara felt weirdly embarrassed. "I think, I should get going." She muttered gathering her shoulder bag. He moved away slightly.  She assumed he was going to stand. "Don't you dare follow me." She exclaimed pointing her finger at him. Now scared of this smiley, sweet, good looking, well dressed guy. 

He chuckled raising his hands up in defeat.  "I remember you're a black belt and I am very good looking. " he grinned. Taara quickly turned and got up walking away hurriedly. A stupid smile slowly climbing up her face. 

Sometimes, life puts you in random situations, and you have no clue what to make of it. Something like that her meeting was with Aayush!

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

What do you think is in store?