33 - the one with her confusions

Taara laughed as he joked. Her plaster had been removed and the doctor had allowed her to slowly start walking. Taara couldn't be happier. She hated being stuck in her bed. Although initially it was very attractive idea to be on bed all day and binge watch and binge read. Here she was on the terrace with Aayush. He was helping her walk around. Her mother had to attend a workshop so she said she'd be late. Taara was surprised when her mother was okay with Aayush staying back late to keep her company. So a date it was, like he put it. 

"Let's sit for a while now." He spoke walking towards the swing. Taara followed him closely. She was happy that she was finally able to drag herself without anyone's support. Suprisingly, Aayush let her be on her own. He didn't bother to tell her to hold his hand like he did until a week back. She missed holding his hand. It was like a blessing in disguise. She liked when he was close, to help her.

He held the swing so that she could sit. She smiled. He gently sat beside her. To her surprise he placed his hand on hers. Her smile widened immediately. Did that mean she was a total goner? No words were spoken they simply let the breeze greet them as they heard the birds chirp. 

"I can't wait to get back to the Marine Drive. I never thought I'd miss that place so much." She spoke.

"Do you think we miss the places or the memories we made there or the people we were there with?" He asked looking at the sky that had turned deep blue with strokes of pink after the sunset. 

"I think we miss the feelings. The person we were at the time we were there." She answered thinking deeply. 

"You want to get back on your feet, go back to going to that office that makes you grumpy at the end of the day...so that you can get back to your favorite place to detox?" He grinned.

"I miss the chai too!" She smiled.

"And obviously you don't miss me."

"Why would I when you're here, right next to me?" She shrugged. He smiled lost in his thoughts. 

"Earth to Mr.Boyfriend."

"Are you reminding me that I am your boyfriend?" He wore a smug grin turning to her.

Heat crept up Taara's cheeks. "No, I was just... being random." she uttered as he leaned closer. She looked at him carefully. He leaned further closer. What was on his mind? Kiss, a lip to lip one or maybe more than that? Already? Wasn't it a little too early? Wait. Did she not want it? She wouldn't mind it. But...how would it happen? What if it made them awkward around each other after it. No way, she wanted that. What if her kissing skills weren't upto mark? He was three years elder to her, there was a chance he knew all of it well. He even had a girlfriend in the past. 

"Earth to my girl!" He whispered over her face.

She blushed. My girl? Cheesy AF! She thought to herself. "What was on your mind?" She finally got the courage to address this big elephant in the room which was surely growing bigger day by day. The sexual tension between them,of course. This wasn't the first time. They had shared many such, literally close, moments ever since her birthday that was a week ago.