10 - the one with ice-cream

Taara walked briskly towards him. There he was sitting happily. It was all his fault. She dropped her bag down and sat beside him. He turned sideways and his expression clearly said he was shocked to see her glare. "What?" He asked baffled.

"The party, yesterday, was one of the worse things that happened to me. Thanks to you."

"Hold on, what did I even do?" He asked appalled.

"You told me- to go out of character and be a party person. Like a very stupid person, I actually did that. And that creepy Kapoor- I wish I could pull his eyeballs out of their sockets. If only, dad wasn't around, I swear I would have at least given him one kick where the sun doesn't shine."

"Woah. Woah. Calm down." Aayush turned himself such that he was seated facing her now. She glared at him. He held back his smile, but a part of it did slip on his face. 

"Why on earth are you smiling?" Taara asked pissed. 

He smiled and then spoke, " How hot were you looking on a scale of ten?" He asked amused.

"Excuse me!" Taara exclaimed folding her hands shocked at what she just heard. Was he seriously asking her that?

"I mean ..come on, I am sure you must have pulled a great show."

"Shut up, Mister." Taara snapped, he laughed in response.

"Shit, I forgot, you're a pro at karate." He feigned fear and scooted away. Taara couldn't help but stifle a smile. "Anyway tell me how did it go. I am pretty sure it wasn't as bad as you make it to be."

Taara, was obviously offended."Are you trying to mean I exaggerate?"

"Smart," Aayush smirked. 

"Shut up. I am not exaggerating."

"Well, then maybe, I am wrong," Aayush spoke turning to look at the sea. A silence filled the air between them. 

"The party was actually fun. If it wasn't for Vini and her cousin Creepy Kapoor." She spoke softly. A smile drew itself on Aayush's face as he heard her. It was so strange. He had barely known her for a few days and he understood her well. At least he thought so. He had started learning a lot about her by nothing but just having random conversations with her. It had never happened before. 

"What about the article?" He asked after silence fell again.

"Don't even go there. Priya apparently found her so-called saved drafts and she is publishing one of them." He could sense the sadness in her voice.

"It's okay. Maybe one day you can publish your article with your name on it. Maybe there is something better in store for your talent." She smiled seeing the genuineness in his aqua blue eyes.

"Are you a psychologist or a psychotherapist by any chance?"

"No. Magician." He winked grinning. Taara giggled and he watched her carefully feeling his heartbeat quicken.

"Then you have to work at your tricks. They're pretty outdated." 

Aayush smiled. "They work. That's more important."

"Well, ice cream could give your magic trick a run for its money."

"Really?" He turned to her amused. 

She nodded in affirmation.

"Let's give it a shot then and see?" His lips formed an adorable grin.

"Not a bad idea." Taara smiled widely getting up. 

"What's your favorite flavor?" Taara asked as they walked towards the shop that mainly sold creams, chips, and biscuits.

"Black Currant." 

She turned to him. "Seriously?"

He shrugged, "why? What's wrong with that?"

"I like chocolate and that's far better than any flavor any day." She gave him a smug smile.

He shook his head amused. "How many different flavors have you tried?"

"I have tried strawberry, orange, pineapple, and butterscotch."

"That's four. That's it! And based on that you judge and deem the other flavors nothing in front of chocolate. Miss Taara, you need to broaden your horizons. There is a world bigger than the small bubble you stay in."

Taara narrowed her eyes at him offended. "You just have to taunt, no?"

"I was just being honest." Aayush rolled his eyes, having a look at the hanging menu card.

"Cut it. Bhaiya one black currant and one Belgium chocolate." Taara ordered. 

Aayush brought out his wallet, as he opened it he heard her say, "I am paying for mine."

"I know." He spoke placing a fifty rupee note on the counter.

While they sat eating their ice cream in silence the two felt content. Sometimes it's not words from the other, that we need. At times we don't need reassuring. We just need someone to sit by us and do nothing.

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

What's your favorite ice-cream flavor? Mine is chocolate. 😅

 😅