32 - the one with her birthday - (ii)

The silence over dinner was heavy. However, Aayush broke it with his charm and thoughtful thinking. "How was Taara as a kid? I am sure she must've been real stubborn." Aayush looked up to find the trio staring at him. Perhaps it was the wrong move. 

"Very stubborn, father's genes." Her mother spoke. 

"And very easily offended, mother's traits." Her father added. Aayush chuckled. 

"Just saying, it's my birthday." Taara announced giving each one an annoyed look. The trio ate up their smiles. 

"You were and still are very kind. I am proud of you sweetie." Her mother spoke and smiled. 

"I have to agree to that ..every time you'd see any one needs help you'd make sure you help. Sometimes you do go out of your way to help someone. But nonetheless, we are and will always be proud of you." Her dad passed her a smile. Aayush noticed her mother's gaze switch to her father. It wasn't cold like usual,it was warm. Maybe her mother wasn't best at expressing herself. 

"Finally, it feels like it's my birthday." Taara joked blinking to hold back her tears of happiness.

"Aayush? You don't have anything to say?" Mr.Mittal stared at him. In the very next moment, the ladies were staring at him. He shifted slightly in his chair forcing a smile. His eyes met hers. "She is one of the most dynamic, different and beautiful person I have met, I really don't know what to say beyond that." Taara blushed and her father chuckled. Her mother gave Aayush a thoughtful look. 

* * *

The atmosphere during the dessert time was far more lighter than that at dinner. It started with Mr.Mittal sharing the story from one of his birthday's when he was a young boy. Taara's mother told a story about Taara's seventh birthday when she wouldn't cut the cake cause it had a barbie on it. 

"You don't have a birthday story to share?" Manisha asked turning to Aayush who had only been in the audience so far. 

He smiled, "none that I remember at the moment." Taara gazed at him adoringly.

"Okay then I better get moving. I have a meeting tomorrow morning." Mr.Mittal declared placing the empty dessert bowl on the glass table. He turned to his ex-wife, "that was some really nice brownie", he complimented surprising everyone.

Taara smiled as he turned to her and gave her a hug. "Get that white crap off you soon." He muttered glancing at her plaster and then placed a kiss on her forehead. 

"Aye Aye, Captain!" Taara giggled. 

He walked past Aayush patting his shoulder. "Good night, see you day after." Aayush smiled. 

"Day after?" Her mother looked up confused. "Both of you know each other?" She asked curiously. Aayush and Mahesh exchanged a glance. "Yes, Aayush is the owner of a client company."

"Okay." Manisha nodded glancing at Taara. Taara forced a smile. Things would only get interesting for Aayush. Now her mother might be more cold realizing her Papa knew him from before. Excellent!