23 - the one with awkwardness

Taara watched on as her dad absorbed in all the facts that she had narrated to him.

"So you're telling me that, you were dating a stranger!" He remarked.

"Papa." She whined. Was that all he heard? 

"Taara, Stranger? Seriously? What if.."

"Oh Papa, you know me. I have got both yours and mom's qualities. You seriously think I am gullible? He was nice and ..." Taara shrugged. 

"Oh my," Mr.Manish Mittal sat back in his chair looking at her amused. "Your mom would go speechless just like this... the same way, when she used to speak about me you know..."

Taara smiled looking at him. "He's a nice guy, Papa. I know he's rich and all. And you may judge him for that. Trust me if I knew he was The Rathore, I would have totally judged him at first go too. In fact, I had all my walls up until he proved he could be given access." Once again Taara's voice trailed off dreamily.

Her father smiled, before he could say anything his phone rang. He picked it up and said "yes, yes."

"Now, tell me how do I convince mom. It's been a while she has been so cold to me. This is not good." 

"Speaking of cold, she's permanent winter for me. " he chuckled.

Taara huffed. "Papa, please.. but see she was wrong to have read my chats and..." Taara stopped speaking when she heard the door behind her creak and saw her father's gaze drift from her. She turned slightly to look at the door and was stumped. What on earth was "he" doing here? 

"Welcome Aayush! Please sit, meet my daughter, Taara." Aayush's gaze immediately landed on her and his eyes widened a wee bit and then he smiled. Taara would've admired that curve his lips made, if she wasn't in a flabbergasted mode right now.

"You know him?" She turned looking at her father. Her father grinned with a twinkle in his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me before?" She hissed leaning on the table so that Aayush couldn't hear them. 

Her father smiled, "I never thought my daughter would be interested in a serious businessman type of guy." He whispered back. 

"I didn't mean that way...I meant like minutes back when I told you?" Taara whisper yelled.

 "I was getting at it when he was here. So, I thought why not do a joint meeting?" He chuckled. 

Taara sat back on the chair, and turned to meet his gaze. He was dressed in a three piece suit and looked like the epitome of perfection. He unbuttoned his coat and sat on the chair taking a deep breath. Darn, she could smell his amazing perfume. Taara stiffened slightly sitting straight, realizing her father was in the same room.

"Aayush, so Taara's been telling me about you." Her father began. Taara cringed in her mind at the wya her father started the conversation.