04 - the one where she escapes

It had been forty eight hours to when she had met him, the stranger. She looked around with searching eyes. People were busy walking up and down the path,  vendors were busy selling their stuff. Taking a deep breath she sat placing her bag beside her. 

She came there every single day. Today was a blue Monday. Taara was amazed how not just today but even yesterday she had watchful eyes. Her eyes were looking for that well spoken, good looking guy who had offended her more than one time, two days back. He wasn't there yesterday. He wasn't here today.  She did not know why a certain peculiar kind of disappointment settled in her. Did she want to see the stranger again? He wasn't a stranger, a small part of her whispered. Smiling to herself she watched the waves crash over the surface of the tetrapods.  

"No complaints today?" A familiar voice fell into her ears. Her eyes widened a wee bit and she turned to her left. He smiled sitting beside her a good inches away. 

"Mr.. Stranger is here huh? Stalking?" She questioned, not smiling whatsoever.

"Yep. You don't seem happy about it." He spoke looking at the faraway horizon.  

"Why should I be happy about it?" She asked rolling her eyes and looking away. No matter how much she lied to herself he fact would remain - she did find him handsome. 

"You didn't miss me? I thought you would have. By the way did you think about my proposal?"

"Proposal? The one where you appeared out of no where making me jump out of my skin?" Taara mockingly cross questioned him.

"Oh, I see. So that was the problem?" He nodded his head.

She blinked. "No. The problem is. You are a stranger. So no matter how you ask me, my answer will be a no."

"Miss Taara how do you define a stranger? I am sure it is different from the way normal people define  it." He turned giving her a lopsided grin.

Taara wore her offended expression quickly.  "What do you mean by normal? I am also normal. You're the one being abnormal." She snapped at him.

He chuckled. "Very normal." He remarked sarcasm dripping off his smirk. 

"What's your issue?" She made a  pinched expression.

"Cut this topic out. Seems like you had a nice day today." He gave her a genuine smile. Taara wondered when was the last time someone smiled that warmly at her.

"I did. How did you know?" She asked softly. His smiled widened as he looked at her. 

"You weren't ranting today.  You were listening to what the waves had to sing for you today." He picked up a small pebble chucking it on the gushing waters. Taara simply watched him do that. They stayed in silence. She was amazed how the silence wasn't awkward, rude or conversation demanding.  It was simply, just silence. She had never felt this strange comfort around a stranger. 

More than ten minutes had passed. They both simply stayed looking at the waves, until Aayush broke the silence. "Coffee? Or Tea?" 

"What do you plan to mix in that?" Taara narrowed her eyes at him. Despite the fact that he seemed harmless she had to keep up her walls. Although she appreciated his thoughtfulness to ask.

He chuckled. "Sadly, I am not making it. I plan to buy it from the vendor right there." He spoke holding her gaze. When she had nothing to say he simply got up. "Tea?" She simply nodded her head in affirmation. 

While he was walking towards the tea stall, Taara quickly got up. This person was too sweet and endearing.  She couldn't just like that have tea with a stranger.  She walked away hurriedly turning to give one last glance. He was talking to the vendor holding two tea cups in his hand. "Sorry Aayush!" She whispered feeling a little bad about it. 

It is crazy when our mind and heart conflict.  While one wants to accept, the other wants to push away. As a consequence we are left hanging between the two feeling a little bitter and sweet. 

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

Hope you enjoyed it.

What do you think about this chapter?

Any random meeting with a stranger you gotta share?