43

When I got back to the house.... Mira and Bobby were watching cartoon.

They are so adorable when they are not scolding eachother like cat and rat

Living with them has been fun though,
I worry less when am around them

"Hey Genee.... How was your day "

"Good.. I had a nice spa treatment today "

"With your new friend... What's her name again "

"Victoria "

"Yeah that..... You seem pretty cool to start a friendship with this babe o"

"Actually.... Victoria is a really nice babe "

"I noticed..... Why else would you be friends with her "

"I know what you are driving at Mira "
And I do know.... Have never been someone to make friends out of the blue.... Infact I don't keep friends.. That much she knows.. So being attached to a person I just met like a week ago.. Is really unlike me

"I know am not exactly open to friendship.... But having a friend or friends is not a crime.. It gives you an edge "

''And it also brings complications... I heard that from you "

"Am sorry about that .... But you know you are never a complication for me. You are a blessing to me... You and Bobby "

"I just want to make sure that you are OK.... "

"Am good... Don't worry about me, Erm Mira... Do you have plans on Friday "

"Friday..... Not sure, Why!  What's happening on Friday "

"my friend's boss needs a makeup artist.... Do you think you can come through "

"Sure.... I can "

"Good.. I will tell her about it later "

"Yeah.... Thanks "

I smiled and went to the room

Later same day... Victoria called me

"Hello Genesis.... "

"Hi sweetie, I was just about to call you.... You beat me to it "

"Am glad I did.... Have actually been feeling bad about telling you not to come for the party"

Oh Ohh... Here we go

"Ohh hon.. Don't worry about it, I understand your madam can be a tight ass"

"That she is.... Anyway I mentioned your friend to her and she was like ohh that your friend that bears bible chapter..... Which actually surprised me because she never remembers people especially when she meets  them through me"

Can we cut the story short..... I scratched my palm to stay focus

"So... She wants to meet your friend by Tuesday.. She has this radio interview and she wants her to do her makeup just to you know test her.... You know how she is, so I don't know if she can pull through on Tuesday "

"Yeah am sure she can.... Thank you for trying babe I appreciate "

"Ohh it nothing sweets, it was easy.. Though, I think she likes you "

"Well I like her too"

"Don't flatter yourself "

I laugh softly... I really need her to like me

"So how do we get to her place "

"I'll text you the address.... But would you be coming with your friend "

"Uhhn yeah "

"You really don't have to.... Don't you have work on Tuesday "

"I do.... But I don't mind driving her there, is that an issue "

"No... It's cool, am sure she wouldnt mind to see you again "

"Yeah I hope so"

"I have to go now... Make sure your friend is there before 9"

"Yes.... I'll "

"What's her name again... Your friend "

"Mira"

"Her studio or business name "

"Uhhh...... I forgot, can I call you back "

"Sure.... You know how it is, I have to document it "

"Yeah I get it... I will send you the name as soon I get it and ooh don't forgot the address "

"I won't.... Alright bye... Enjoy the rest of your day "

"Thanks... You too"

I sent Mira's business name to Victoria and still reminded her of the address

But I waited all night... Nothing
I was so bugged, I couldn't sleep... This is the beginning of everything. I need this address and this is my golden opportunity

I guess my restlessness became so obvious that it woke Mira

"Genee... Is everything ok"

"Yeah... Of course... Yeah everything's cool... Am sorry I woke you "

"No No worries.... But I am worried about you though "

"What now.... Mira, I thought we had a discussion this afternoon "

"I know about your nightmares Genee....."

"What nightmares... "

".. I know you said it has stopped but I know it hasn't, I'm sure it hasnt stopped........ Have heard you talk in your sleep, scream in your sleep and even sob in your sleep......
I know you don't want to talk about.. And I can only imagine how terrible it must feel to be trapped in all of this "

"It's not like that "
I looked down avoiding her gaze

"I know you don't like to talk about... It's been happening since we were younger and now it's still happening. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you "

"Am learning to deal with "

"Are you... You haven't dealt with it in all those years I have known you. Let's assume you couldn't afford to before.. What about now.... Don't you wanna get better "

"I..  Do " I swallowed frankly that's why am here, that's why I left everything behind just to conquer this storm that chases me everywhere I go..... 
"This is hard for me.... Mira, I swear am trying.... If it about getting help. I have tried.... I know my temper is actually under control... It is just this.... That's left "

"And how do you intend to get over it "

"Am working on it, actually I am "

I know I can trust her but its never the same.... How do I begin to tell her everything.... I couldn't tell her before and now that am all about revenge... It didn't feel right, I don't want to look horrible in front of her

Mira is actually that person I care about enough to tell how they feel about me

"But You do know you can trust me.. Right "

"Yes Mira... I know I can, "

"Remember when all we had was each other "

"I do.... How could I ever forget, even till now, we are still here for eachother "

My phone beeped and it was Victoria
The address I have been waiting for was staring at me in the face and I couldn't help but smile