49

I drove like a drunkard to Victoria's house...
I'm glad her house was close by
My ankle still aches and I am exhausted I just want to dip my feet into warm water and relax

Victoria was still sound asleep so I had to carry her to her apartment
It took forever to get her gateman to open the gate and another forever to get her to show me where her keys are

When we eventually got into her apartment she slumped on the nearest sofa and continued her sleep

I tried to wake her again to come shut the door behind me but she won't budge, she just kept  snoring like a fat cow

I know I couldn't leave her like this so I decided to stay here with her
I sent a text to Mira telling her I would be spending the night at Victoria's
I had to go back outside and drive my car into the compound

I was massaging my ankle when my phone started ringing
Who could that be by this time of the night

I pulled it out from my purse and Britney's picture was flashing on the screen... I smiled as I punched the answer button

"Hello... Peters "

"Hi.... Ma'am I hope I didn't wake you "

"Not at all... I am Still wide awake... How are you  "

"I'm great.. How's life over there "

"It's not as bad as we thought... It actually nice here ''

"Am glad you are enjoying the place "

"Yeah... I am, You sound happy.. Did something good happen today "

"How did you figure that out... Even on the phone "

"I know you Britney.... You are not that hard to read "

She giggled

"Actually I just finished my first court hearing today as a public defendant "

"Are You serious "

"Yes... "
She screamed and I had to take the phone away from my hears before she blow them up

"Way to go girl.... I am so proud of you, so tell me how did it go"

"It went great..... I had enough to settle the draft and it looking good "

"That's wonderful... Weldone Peters "

"Thank You.... Thank you.. I was just so excited and I couldn't wait to share with with you "

"Am glad you did.... Your happiness is contagious am suddenly feeling so happy now "

We laughed together

"My colleagues have been congratulating me all morning.. Saying it didnt even feel like it was my first but what can I say truly I had the best teacher "

"I think you were a great student.. Always willing to learn and grow... It your commitment that made you withstand the odds because I know I didn't make it easy for you "

"And it was because you didn't make it easy for me.... That's why I can stand firm on my own so soon"

"I feel terrible for how I treated you.... It not your fault that I turn out so bitter "

"You dont have to feel that way.... I'm glad you weren't so easy either... "

"You always try to make a joke out of everything.. Now you won't even allow me to apologize in peace "

She chuckles softly

"If You start an apology right now.. I will just hang up.... You don't have to apologize for being who you are... You told me that... If anything I should be thankful, I dont have any regrets "

"You are such a sweet soul Britney "

"And so are you... "

We chat on for a long while before we said goodbyes...

I couldn't sleep.. I couldn't stop thinking, my head was in different places..

I dont know where to start from...
Seeing him alone has shattered my plans so far...

But am not giving up... It doesn't matter how many plans crumbles.. I just have to come up with a new one and I won't rest until justice is served

By morning.. I had only managed to take a nap for about an hour and when I open my eyes...

Victoria was pacing around the room.. She had changed her outfit and was wearing her nighties

"Good morning Victoria "

She stopped moving and looked at me shyly

"How are you feeling "

"I feel terrible.... "

She says as she sits beside me on the sofa

"Why ''

"I can't imagine the hell I must have put you through yesterday ''

"Hell.."
Oh don't even get me started on that   "There's was no hell.. You had your moment.. Maybe awkward but it happens.. You don't have to feel bad about it "

''Oh gosh am so sorry..... I'm sure i must have been really stupid, stupid enough to make you stay here "

"Stop beating yourself up.. Victoria, it happens.. You just have to turn it down sometimes "

"I know right..... I really didn't want to drink but i was so frustrated "

"By your boss"

"Exactly... I hope she didn't see me like that last night "

"Uhhm... Would you kill me if she did "

"Owww of course not... I can't begin to imagine all the rubbish she must have said and I wish it would end there but I know she won't stop... She would make sure to remind me of it at every chance she gets "

"But I dont get it.... She made you upset.. And you got drunk, and even while you were drunk she still speaks rubbish about you and now you are still worried about how she would continue to pick on you..... I mean it doesn't make sense that you allow her to treat you this way "

"i know but what would you rather do... I have worked with her for years. I know she's an horrible person but I have survived these years with her, It shouldn't be hard to continue "

"Stop talking like you don't have a choice. You know you have a choice right "

"I can't just quit my job.... It has been sustaining me and my family, I would be losing if I quit"

"Who's talking about quitting..... You know your worth and you know it's not to be dragged on the floor by someone who feels she has an upper hand "

"What would you suggest I do "

"You have to secure yourself in that family.. So even when she tries to kick you out.... Someone you know she cannot question his authority would defend you... that who you have to be dealing with "

She fell quiet for a while...
I hope she gets it.. I dont want to have to say everything
I want her to think for herself