103

A fifteen minutes sounds just fine because I was about to lose my cool in there with that psychotic lawyer who chooses to spike me at every chance that he gets

And that bastard was just sitting over there acting like his lawyer is on the right track,
But what was I expecting.. It not like he would just walk up to the witness stand and announced himself guilty
He did what every selfish bastard would do..... Deny it

Lucy came out from the judge's office along with the other lawyer then she approached me

"What.... What did he say"

"He was basically correcting some lapses in the previous session "

"Yeah he should be correcting that cracked headed ugly looking prick who calls himself a lawyer "

"And he asked me to correct you too"

"Mee.... What for "

"You keep interrupting, And it's true.. I understand how pissed you must be about the whole turnout but you can't keep cutting into every breach like that... Like it or not he is getting the reaction he wants from you, he is doing his job and the judge is noting everything. Am sure you understand this Genesis.. You know how this thing works"

"No I don't...... I have never represented a rape victim before "
I replied slowly

"Well then please let me do my job.. Up Until now you have helped alot, You even organized the case file... Don't ruin this now, just try and relax "

Relax.. I can't relax not with that man getting on my nerve like every darn time

We went over everything we talked on so far and then the recess was over, so we return back to the court room

This time I will not let him get to me, I'm going to try and suppress the burning desire to just walk up to him and dig my nails into his eyes

Lucy was starting this time around, she stood up and walked in front of the judge in her gown, she look so short and tiny but......
Hey she's in charge

"My lord, it is an undespicable fact that the period of time my client spent in Mr Jackson's house was against her will, she was there for four years with no education, no friends, no social life and you tell me that's not kidnapping then how else do you describe the restriction of a child in a particular place for that long "

"Objection your honor, this is base on what... The speculations of Miss Brown.. I mean Cmon it her word against his in this case"

"Sit down... Barrister Kinsman "

"my lord permit me to bring to the witness stand Miss Pamela, my client's class teacher and the one who took her to the Foster home "

I turn and smile at her as she walked to the stand.... After the swear in

"Miss Pamela, can you explain to the court why you took Genesis to the Foster home "

"Agnes... was my student, very bright and full of life"

"Save us the compliment.. Madam.. Answer the question "
Kinsman yelled at her and I glared at him... I am this close to strangling him with the way he keeps annoying me

"I took her to the Foster home in hopes that she would get a better life..."

"And You filled the necessary form to enroll her in that institute "

"I did"

"My lord, Spring foster care claim to not have any file for my client and what other reason could it be than the crooked way she was sold to Mr Jackson under the administration of late Mrs Lawrence "

With that Lucy left the floor for Kinsman to take over

"Miss Pamela I just have one question for you, ... What were the unfavorable conditions Agnes complained about before you decided to take her away from her father to an orphanage name "

"She didn't actually complain to me, I just notice that the living condition was not conducive for a girl her age so I encouraged her to leave "

"Did she give her consent to leave her father "

"Yes she did.... And Kofi was not her father, he was her guardian "

"Is it safe to say... She felt threatened that her guardian would harrass her sexually "

"Well... Maybe not him but other people in the neighborhood and he wasn't always there to protect her "

"Thank You madam.... My lord this is an earlier version of Miss Brown when she was running from her own guardian in fear of being assaulted,"

"Objection my lord"... Lucy stamped her hand on the table and jump up

" This mentality had driven her to think "...... He continued
"That everyman around her is after her body "

"Objection my lord... That's conclusion base on preference. My client did not force Mr Jackson to adopt her.... He single handedly picked her and erased her file... Your honor permit me to call to the stand mr Philip Jackson "

He stood up abruptly and walked to the stand, even had the guts to lay his filthy hands on a bible

"Mr Jackson.. How did you meet Agnes"

"I adopted her from an orphanage home some years back "

"Did You or did you not legalize your adoption "

"I did..... "

"That's a shame we can't find the file or paperwork anywhere "

"It was a longtime ago miss"

"Why didn't you provide education for her.. Wasnt she suppose to be your daughter "

"No...... I just needed someone to help with chores around the house and I was told the orphanage was at that time responsible for that "

"An orphanage recruiting girls for maids..... That doesn't sound right does it"

"It does sound right eighteen years ago "

Kinsman answered walking towards the judge with a paperwork

"That right there were the policies and procedures of adopting a child legally from spring Foster care then... The way the country is now is definitely not the way it was then. People don't just wake up one morning to adopt kids.... So instead of just piling all this children in one place with not enough resources to cater for them... They are given out as help to those in need of them..
So my client did not adopt Agnes as his child.. He hired a helpmate legally "

Wtf.......
He hired me as a maid
How come... I mean... How is that possible... I need to get Tris here to clear out this bullshit

" Even though he hired her as a maid... Does that make her any less human that he can just bounce on anytime he wants or withdraw education privileges from her"

"My client did not withdraw anything from her....... Because he is not compelled to send her to school "

"She is his responsibility... And he could afford it so why didn't he.. ''

"The choice was his to make... How many female children got education other than primary level when they are not under their parents.. Ask her now if her guardian could afford to do that "

My world came crawling down at my feet.... How did the story change so quickly.
I kept dialing Tris number but she wasn't answering. Lucy glared at me but I was just as confused

The judge cleared his throat and adjust his glasses

"This apparently is moving slower than It should be and we have more assumptions than facts so I have to adjourned this hearing to the 24th of this month "
He hit the mallet On his desk and it felt like it was on my head instead