*Part 1*

I woke up to the painful vision of sunlight flashing threw my eyes. I quickly closed the curtains which was easy considering the windows were right beside the bed. I yawned and got up remembering today was the day that everything in my life would change.

I stretched my arms before opening the door. As soon as I walked out I was met with the fresh smell of the pancakes Charlotte usually made every morning. I grinned at myself before running down the stairs to find the kitchen empty. I frowned my eyebrows in confusion before I heard my little girl's voice in the dining room.

I quickly walked over there to find Charlotte feeding Stacy freshly cut pancakes as she at the same time was talking to someone on the phone.

"Okay Stacy. Here comes the airplane! Bvvroom!" Charlotte smiled as Stacy easily devoured the food. Stacy's face quickly turned around facing me and quickly grinned pointing at me.

"Dada!" She yelled as she clapped her hands excitedly. I smiled as I walked over to her and kissed her cheek.

As Charlotte's eyes met mine her smile quickly faded, causing my heart to break into a million pieces. "You can take a break Char. I'll take it from here." I said as she gave me the plastic fork and got up from her chair walking over to the living room.

I sighed sadly as I fed Stacy. "You're such a great eater do you know that?" I congratulated her as she easily devoured the food. I continued feeding Stacy as I couldn't help but overhear Charlotte's conversation on the phone from the other room.

"Are you almost here? Cause I finished packing me and Stacy's stuff a while ago." I heard her sigh. "Yeah, mom trust me he knows and he got the message." I rolled my eyes as I knew they were talking about me. "5 minutes!! Okay, okay. I'll get Stacy ready."

5 minutes!? Their leaving in 5 minutes!?

"Yeah, she was just eating. Okay, bye... love you too mom." I heard her mumble. I slightly chuckled. I think it's kinda cute that Charlotte is still embarrassed by her parents after all these years. "Okay! Stacy and I gotta go soon so I better get her ready and-

"Can I get her ready? Please, considering I might not see her for a long time." I asked nicely as I got Stacy off her high chair.

"Yeah... sure okay. But make sure to do it fast please." Charlotte spoke before she quickly ran out the dining room and ran upstairs.

"Okay Stacy. This is it. Our possible last goodbye." I whispered as I grabbed her coat from the front door. "As much as I hate to admit it. I think it is best if you do stay with your mom." I whispered as tears started to form in my eyes.

Gosh dang it I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

"But it'll be okay. Cause I'll make sure to visit you at least once every month... if that's even possible." I sighed as I finished putting on her Barbie themed jacket. "I know you probably might not understand me right now. Or it's sorta weird for a 27 year old man to be having a whole ass conversation with a baby but, just know that Henry Prudence Hart. Which is daddy. Loves you very much okay?" I said as I tapped her nose.

I didn't realize I was crying until a tear drop fell on her jacket. I chuckled to myself knowing I was done for. I quickly wiped off my tear as Charlotte came rushing down the stairs with her luggage.

I grabbed Stacy's little brown boots from the corner and put it on her tiny little feet. Her face still held a joyful contagious smile. "I wish I had the same spirits as you. Your always so joyful." I admitted pinching her cheek playfully as she started laughing.

I'm gonna miss her so much.

Just as I finished getting Stacy ready a car honked from outside. "Oh! My mom must be here. Is Stacy ready?" Char asked as she ran to us.

"Yeah she's ready." I smiled weakly as Charlotte picked Stacy up. "Thanks Henry. Could you please help me bring the luggage to the car?" She asked as she grabbed a bag in one hand and Stacy in the other. I quickly ran towards her to grab the bag she was holding and reached out to grab another one. She gave me a smile as she went in the kitchen to grab Stacy's bottle.

The car honked once more. I could guess Charlotte's mom was impatient... "Yeah! Yeah! I'm coming mom wait a minute please!" She yelled as she made her way out the door as I followed her from behind.

Charlotte quickly opened the car door and placed Stacy inside as I opened the trunk and placed all their luggage in the car. Once Charlotte was finally done she ran in and grabbed more luggage and placed them beside me. As we were done I closed the trunk as she sighed in relief and looked up at me. "Well I guess this is goodbye to us huh?" She asked as she made her way to the passenger seat.

"Yep. I guess so." I chuckled dryly. An awkward moment of silence passed before Charlotte awkwardly nodded her head and opened the car door. I quickly put my hand on the handle to stop her. She quickly turned around and looked at me confused.

"Charlotte before you go. I just want you to know that I'm truly sorry. I know we'll have to see each other again to fill out the paperwork but right now I want you to know that I'm sorry." I admitted truthfully as she held a blank expression on her face.

Another moment of silence went by before Charlotte shook her head "It's too late Henry." Is all she said before she re opened the door and got in. I watched sympathetically as I let all my emotions come out. Once they were gone I quickly ran in the house and kicked a table hard that the leg snapped and tipped it. All of the following items that were on it fell with it causing it to brake. Including an old framed picture of Charlotte, Stacy and I at the hospital the first day that she was born.

I swear I can't stay in this house. Only old memories will come flushing threw my mind. Intoxicating me with images of Charlotte and Stacy. But seriously though. How could a man be that stupid to let something so good fly away? How could I be so stupid?

You never appreciate the person until their gone. I swear that's the most accurate shit right now. I ran upstairs and grabbed a hoodie. As I finished putting it on a slid the picture in the pocket and ran downstairs into the kitchen grabbing a water bottle. I huffed angrily as I made my way to the front door and closed it with full force.

It's time for me to take a little walk.

——————————————————————————