*Part 6*

Henry
      &
Charlotte
————————

I was currently sitting patiently in the nurses office. Counting all the little heart shaped stickers that were sticking nicely on the fresh white wall. Attempting to read all the small thank you notes written on them. I couldn't really tell if they were high schoolers who wrote them or preschoolers. Because the hand writing... weren't exactly the best. They were all sloppy. Some letters were bigger than the other in an alarming stance. The words were all crooked and started to fade out as if they lost all motivation to be written. Sure there was at least 1 or 2 that were actually nice to look at. But the majority were abnormally bad.

In my hand, held a freezing bag of green beans that I was holding firmly against the right side of my throbbing face. The little cold water drops were slowly making their way to the bottom of the bag and falling splat on my chair. Spreading out as they hit the sudden surface. I ignored them as I stared in a distance without expression, rewinding everything that happened earlier in the cafeteria like a montage.

First, I call her. Try to invite her to sit with me at Jasper's table because I thought we were friends. For a second I even thought we were dating! But no, I was far behind. Stuck on the moon. Because little did I know, she didn't even know my name. I remember looking at her in shock. My eyes were practically gonna burst and fall on the ground on how wide open they were.

What she said hurt. I know it's a bit immature of me but it really did. Mostly because we already had a beautiful story built up from when we were kids. BABIES we were practically BABIES when we first met! And now she's saying she doesn't even know my name? Out of all people it had to be me?

Of course I realize that half of this is my fault... scratch that. All of this is my fault. But I'm not just going to pretend as if I'm not in the least a little bit hurt.

Secondly, some rando shows up and apparently it's her boyfriend? Charlotte's never had a boyfriend before? I was her first! And I was gonna make sure to be her last until I had to walk around and act like a dumb idiot. Oh and to top it all off her "boyfriend" just had to be the jerk of the school.

Fascinating isn't it?

I know I'm not an expert or anything. But I doubt this is how time traveling is suppose to work out. Aren't you suppose to start off from where you left off? Charlotte and I were 8 years old when we first met. And from that day on we've never stopped hanging out with each other. But now.. she doesn't know me. She doesn't even know my name!

I turned around to look at Jasper. He was slightly tilting to the side, showing something to his girl friend as they both grinned at the screen of his phone. They both chuckled quietly trying not to make any sound as the room was already holding a threatening pit of silence.

I heard the girl sigh turning around as she was now facing me with a confused expression. Her smile faintly dropped as she was now biting the upper corner of her lip deep in thought. She tilted her head to the side lightly as she looked at the sore side of my face... And at last but not least, Jasper. Not only Jasper, but Jasper and his little "girlfriend". Who is she? And when did she ever start hanging out with us? I've never met her before. And I don't want to sound rude and ask her for her name cause who knows what problems that will cause. Why is she suddenly tagging along with us? This isn't the trio that I'm use to and so far, I'm not enjoying it either. No offence to her. I'm just use to it being Charlotte, Jasper and I like the good old days.

My own thoughts took over as I didn't realize the girl and I were nearly centimetres apart. She slowly reached her hand out and removed the wet bag of beans that I was resting on my face instantly taking out the satisfying feeling of relief. She touched my cheek lightly and brushed her thumb as if I were a soft fluffy pillow. She brought my face closer to hers as I was shocked by the whole thing going on.

From the corner of my eye I could see Jasper holding a frown. His eyebrow were only an inch apart as his mouth held a small pout. He was looking down shamefully as if it seemed he didn't want to see what was coming next. The girl that was awkwardly caressing my cheek now started to examine my whole face weirdly. Raising my chin up and down as she still held that face of confusion. Clearly indicating that I was a bit uncomfortable, she stopped and let her arms drop to the side. "How in the world did you barely get a bruise from that guy?" She asked curiously. "No bumps, scratches, marks nothing!"

I shrugged not knowing what to reply as I grabbed the sac of beans and placed it back on my face studying Jasper's body language. He seemed a bit more comfortable and in relief as he looked at the two of us.

Interesting...

"Ahh! Mr. Hart! Pardon me for taking awhile." I heard a lady call out as she walked in from the opposite room grabbing my attention. She stopped in my direction and looked at Jasper and his friend. "Mrs. Williams, Mr. Dunlop I appreciate you for being here for your friend but I'm afraid I'll have to ask you two to leave." She asked gently with a small comforting smile.

Hold up. Williams!? As in Chloe Williams!? That's Chloe!? CHLOE's THE ONE REPLACING CHARLOTTE?

Charlotte's POV

"Jacob what the heck was that!?"  I yelled at him as he on the other hand was sitting unbothered on the table. His arms were crossed together in a locked motion. Almost impossible to get him to unlock it from here. "I did what I had to do." He scoffed as he reached out to his pocket and grabbed out his pearphone 11. I breathed in gently. Trying to find a way to calm down as I didn't want to argue with him. "Jacob you didn't have to punch the kid." I tried to reason in a calm voice as he finally looked away from his phone and payed attention to me.

"Of course I had to punch that 'kid' Harold. He's a complete asshole! And I didn't like the way he was looking at you." He replied that last sentence harshly. "First his name is Henry-"

"Wow! So now you even remember his name!" He scoffed as he shook his head interrupting me all at once. I looked at him. Trying to find the correct words to not set him off. "Did you forget that as the student council leader I am required to know almost every seniors name?" I replied as he shook his head. Not paying attention to me as he was looking at something on his phone. I rolled my eyes and leaned in slightly to see what was possibly so interesting that he couldn't even pay at least one second of attention to me.

He was on twitflash. Scrolling threw some girl's page and liking her pictures. Before he could continue on he caught my eye and turned off his phone. Before I had the chance to even say a word he quickly spoke. "Look Charlotte. I'm just not the biggest fan of the way that Henry kid was talking to you. But I will talk to him and apologize for my actions." He smiled lightly reaching his thick arms out for me to hug him. I breathed out gently before rolling my eyes. See, this is what drives me crazy. He can act like an A class asshole for a minute but the next he's sweet and caring. I walked towards him slowly. He rested his arms on my back before reaching down to my waist and picked me up to sat me on his lap. I smiled gently at his actions and rested my head on his.

Nothing but silence overtook the room. A warm comfortable silence as Jacob and I got the chance to just take the time to enjoy one another's company. "Char?" He started.

"Yeah?"

"Promise me I won't loose you over him." He whispered causing me to smirk at his obliviousness. "I promise."

"Great cause you know you're my little princess right?" He smiled as he reached in and pecked my cheek.

"Mhmm. I know"

——————————————————————————-