*Part 14*

Climbing the few set of stairs I couldn't help but to look around at my surroundings. The dark staircase seemed like a scene from some once popular horror movie, the falling water drips echoing across the room, and not to mention the creepy moldy feel of the thin stairway. The stair handles were rusty and cold, feeling like a rock you would usually find in the park as a kid, the walls weren't any better. Cockroaches were making themselves comfortable between each set of gray cloudy coloured bricks and green moss were found in almost every direction attracting some black unwanted ants.

I gulped down my saliva, attempting to distract me from my ultimate fright.
It took one more step, not far away I could see a dim light coming from the far away distance. Breathing out heavily I started climbing up faster than before. As if I was racing the fastest man in the world. Blocking out the sound of the falling water drips, the only thing that was to be heard was the echo of my loud footsteps racing up the stairs. Attempting to ignore the cockroaches, ants, molds and coldness I cried out happily as I relaxed my hand on the rusty, crusty, old metal door.

I couldn't believe it, on the other side of where I was standing could be the results to all of my problems. From start to finish. Thinking about it, all this was a bit overwhelming. As I inhaled a deep breath I shook my head slightly and gently opened the door without taking the time to knock, ring the doorbell- as if there were any, but most certainly, without leaving any trail of existence. The door let out a loud creak as I gently opened it, the sound reminded me of a person scratching their pointy nails on a chalkboard. I bit down on my bottom lip desperately trying to get the door to quiet down. Afraid that it'll attract anything that doesn't need to be here at this very moment.

As I shifted my body into where the door was once blocking, my heart started racing at an unhealthy pace. My breathing was now shorten out and I found it harder to try and take in manual breaths. My mind instantly went into panic mode thinking I would pass out in any second, laying lifelessly on the ground only for the Time Jerker to come and find my numb body. But my thoughts shifted as I realized I was instead hyperventilating. I leaned on the wall and placed a hand on my chest. Regretting my choice as the wall felt cold against the fraction of my clothes. Ignoring the wall I closed my eyes and the once lightened up room was now dark like the night sky. I started counting down to ten slowly. As If I was teaching a child how to count for the first time.

Finally arriving to the first number I slowly and yet carefully opened my eyes. A sigh of relief escaped from my mouth as my breathing went back to it's normal state. But suddenly, as I realized what was in front of me my eyes widen in shock.

It was the Time Jerker's lair.

My eyes suddenly started to scan the room as if I was some security at a local mall. Clocks were the only thing surrounding the room seeming as if they were the walls instead. Some clocks were big as others were tiny as a mouse. Without thinking I brushed my hand against the fabric of a clock as I was intrigued and curious. A slight bid of dust now rested on the tip of my finger tips now making my hand dry. I quickly brushed it on the side of my jeans hitting my thighs along the way.

Shaking my head I observed the room even farther. The sound of my footsteps were complementing the loud sound of the clocks that were ticking repetitively. Not far away I gazed at a purple sketchy
liked door. My face wrinkled as I scrunched my nose up in confusion. On the door held a hand symbol as if you're suppose to put one of your hand in. I walked up to it slowly, intrigued and curious. The symbol was carved into the door replacing the traditional door handle.

"I don't remember this." I whispered softly, but it came out more raspier than I intended. As I stood there and watched it, I slowly raised my right hand and gently mold it to the door. Suddenly a gush of pain made itself unto the top of my index finger. I immediately retreaded my hand away in a swift motion to look at my hurting finger. Turning it around, a drop of blood was found unto the tip of my finger slowly making its way down as if it were an extremely short waterfall.