*Part 18*

Henry's POV

Pouring the hot chocolaty drink in the grey mug, I felt a pair of eyes follow my movements, almost as if they were tracking my every move. Turning around and meeting those secretive pair of eyes, I smiled lightly as they did the same. Her short arms holding her head strongly and her dark chocolaty coloured eyes beaming from the faint light of the living room. I walked over to her side with both drinks in my hand, it heats slightly burning the palms of my hands. But I paid no attention as I headed towards the lounge not avoiding the woody sound of my footsteps.

Sitting down on the beige sofa next to her, it's sudden comfiness having a calming effect on me. I smiled yet again, and handed her, her well-needed drink. As she thanked me with a light smile, she grabbed the mug and snuck her fingers carefully around the cup. I watched as she pulled her beverage closer to her mouth and lightly blew on it, making the smoke of heat flow to the side and evaporate.

As calm and collected as she was now I didn't want to bother her with the events of earlier. But as they aggravated my mind and my curiosity was getting the best of me. I opened my mouth and attempted to ask her more sweetly. 

"So, Char." I started slowly. As I paused for a second and watched as she adverted her eyes to mines, I swallowed my saliva and spoke again. "Would you care to explain what happened earlier? I mean, only if you want to." I corrected myself quickly. Not wanting her to feel as if it were an obligation to tell me what happened. But yet, it would still be very appreciated. As I watched her eyes roll to the side lightly, and her bottom lip folded itself under her upper one, I instantly understood that she was hesitant and uncomfortable by the sudden question. Understanding how she felt at the moment I instantly regretted my choice of ever speaking up. "You know what I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything-"

"No, it's fine Henry. You're already kind enough to let me stay with you to cool down a bit so I feel as if you have the right to know." She said gently. But there it was. The one thing I didn't want to happen. The one thing I didn't want her to think, or even worse. Say.

As she opened her mouth and explained her whole story, starting from when I first left and entered my house, to the car ride and the shocking events that happened at Jacobs house till now sitting right at my couch, my mouth opened slightly in shock. As she was explaining, her voice was emotionless and stoic. Reminding me of the voice of a robot. That's how I knew the events of earlier broke her. She was too in shock she didn't know how to react. And that's a normal reaction. But as I returned my gaze to hers, my hanging mouth closed as my face formed into a sad frown. Charlotte's head was dipped low as she avoided eye contact with any of her surroundings. Thinking back threw it I mentally kicked myself everywhere, only now was I feeling bad about this type of situation happening before her. Yet in the past- future, it's my fault for the cause of the problem.

Biting my bottom lip gently I watched for a second as Charlotte lightly sobbed on her arm. Her face buried up hiding so no one could see. But as I couldn't take it anymore, as I couldn't watch her be sad for another second. I grabbed her chin gently with my index finger and brought her face up for her to now facing me. Her eyes were slightly red and puffy, causing my heart to break into a million pieces. Her faint little sniffles heard as I gently wrapped an arm around her shoulders holding a tight grip signalling that I won't be letting go anytime soon. "It's okay Charlotte. I'm here now and I won't let anything like that happen to you again alright? If anything or anyone bother you ever again, I'm only one call away." I told her gently, not breaking any type of eye contact with her. As her breathing slowed down, and the panic in her eyes calmed I felt slightly relieved. My deed was done, but not at it's fullest. I was in trailed as Charlotte's eyes were still looking deeply into mines. I felt trapped, but, in a good way. Her eyes were focused and narrowed on mines causing my heart to slam against my rib cage.