Seventeenth Gale

The song of the chapter: Lucia - The Moon and Sixpence

---------------------

Love is when you lay down your life for another.

Without the wind, all the roses paled into insignificance. 

Never thought of having difficulties to walk, your steps were heavy as if someone had poured lead into your feet. 

Even if you were reluctant to face reality, you had to continue your steps because your love was still waiting for you.

Sehun was waiting for you.

Until you saw him.

Finally.  

He was lying on the grass of your rose garden, staring at the sky blankly. 

His body had turned into transparent. 

The sky was dark, with the absence of the starlight. 

You have seen darkness before, but this kind of darkness made the garden like an old fashioned photograph, everything a shade of grey. This was the darkness that robbed you of your best sense and replaced it with a paralysing fear. 

This darkness made your muscles cramped and was unable to move. You only knew your eyes were still there because you could feel yourself blinked, still instinctively moisturizing your vision.

You hated yourself being weak, you hated the feeling of hopelessness. 

As if sensing your presence, the pale God turned his head to meet your eyes.

Those pair of dark, empty eyes glittered instantly once they landed on your figure. 

Originally, you have thought many words to say to him if you had the chance to see him again.

But seeing him in this state, a tidal surge of countless love, cravings, longings, and languishes flooded into your heart. Your heart was constantly contracting with pain like both asphyxia and hypoxia. 

"I'm sorry I was late." Lying on his chest, you felt his weak heartbeats, yearning for the last warmth transmitted from his body.

"You never have to apologize in front of me, my Goddess." 

You looked up to meet his eyes, only found they had turned into crescents, gazing at you tenderly and indulgently. 

"I'm sorry I was late."

His translucent hand stroked your hair, again and again, like comforting an injured little cat.

You knew what he was apologizing for, you trembled from his embrace, "No, no, you never!"

No matter how badly you two wanted to cry, everyone is holding back their tears, just because of wanting to leave a last good image inside each others' heart.

He kept stroking your hair. 

Once.