chapter 21

Andrea Daniels.

I laid there rubbing my stomach in circles. The feeling I felt was so numb. All I could think about was if Curtis wasn't there I could have been hurt, my baby could have been hurt, Clarice could have been hurt. I just don't understand why black people must fight against each other and why we can't just work together.

"Drea?"

I looked up slightly seeing Calvin. I smiled slightly.

"Wussup Cal?" I said in a very husky low tone.

"Just checking on you sis, I know yesterday shook you up and I'm sorry for allat, you know Zay is definitely shaken up to"

"But this is what Zay does, he acts like he cares in the moment then becomes nonchalate just a couple house after, I right now don't have any strength or time for him, I just want my baby to be healthy and be safe when they come" I said looking at my stomach and sighing. "I jus---I'm just tired"

He came over and sat on the bed handing me a bag of food and a bottle of water.

"I hear you sis, I will talk to him but he's going through his own shit right now, when he's ready to talk to you he will but you just need to rest and thinking about this baby" He said rubbing my stomach slightly.

I smiled slightly.

"Thank you Calvin, I don't know where any of us would be without you"

He smiled then kissed my forehead.

"Don't be putting your pussy eating lips on my sister" Clar said waltzing in.

"Yeah you would know" Both me and Cal said at the same time then instantly burst out laughing.

"Fuck the both of you, I came in here to let you know your mum wants you down stairs play boy" She said rolling her eyes then sitting beside me on the bed.

"Yeah yeah" He said waving her off before leaving the room.

"Yall are a trip" I said still laughing.

"Yeah I know, I love that kid" She said with a big kool-aid smile.

I smiled.

"I love you two's relationship" I blurted out while chewing my salad. 

She smiled at me.

"I love it too, and sis you and Zay have that same shit its just blossoming okay?" She said looking dead at me.

"You think?"

"I know so Drea, I see the way Zay looks at I see the way you look at him its just at the moment you both are on different pages, and eventually you will both be on the same page, if you didn't love each other you wouldn't be here willing to carry this mans baby" 

I looked down at my salad then slowly looked back at her.

"I'm just scared though Clarice, I'm scared what if having this baby doesn't make things better but make things worse? Not saying a baby fixes things but I'm scared that our situation will get worse"

"Well know that it can only get worse before it gets better" 

I just nodded slowly. Letting her words marinate into my head.

Izayah Smith.

"Hey nephew" Auntie Nikki said smiling at me.

"Hey Auntie" I said in a low tone.

She continued to look at me then sat down in front of me.

"Wussup talk to me" She said crossing her arms.