Episode 9: Project Lancer

As Lux and Belle looked at the logo for Project Blue, Belle discovered another file on the USB drive.

Belle: Lux...

He looks at the file which was titled Project Lancer. 

Lux: What's this?

They played the file only it wasn't Dr. Sheridan in the video, but a two males. 

???: So, Albert? What big surprise do you have today?

Albert: You'll see, Gabriel. This will change everything.

The footage changed to a lab where the two sat down at the monitor. Typing away on the keyboard. 

Albert: Okay, entry test 8.1. 

He walks over and took out a mouse from a cage, placing it inside a tube.

Albert: One giant leap for mouse-kind.

Gabriel: And a giant leap to the future.

Something happened to the machine as the mouse was gone. Surprising Lux and Belle. 

Albert: It works... It works! Oh my god this is amazing!

Gabriel: You actually did it. He's in cyberspace.

Albert: Alright, extraction in 3... 2... 1.

The machine went on again as the mouse returned. 

Albert: It worked. The tech works. Congrats, little guy. You're the first Next-Generation Guardian. 

The video stops with Lux and Belle standing there in silence. Gathering what they just saw.

Belle: Did he just said Guardian?

Lux: I recognized him. *shows photo* That was Gabriel Lightway, head of Hesaiko Industries. One of most brilliant minds in the world. Creating cybernetic parts, medicine, and machinery for the gaming industries.

Belle: And what of the other guy? This... Albert?

TasCorp Scientist: I know him.

They turned to the scientist with confused looks.

TasCorp Scientist: That was Albert Archer, Dr. Sheridan's son.

Lux: His son?

The second video played which shows Albert working on something before facing the camera.

Albert: Log 1. Hey, everyone if you're seeing this then I'm probably turning into my dad. Anyway, I'm about to change everything. For the machine you see behind me is the very secret behind MegaMan.EXE.'s origin. 

The sound of the door opening came in as Dr. Sheridan and a Fuchisa-haired woman walked in.

Dr. Sheridan: What are you doing?

Albert: Oh, hey dad.

Belle felt a tear fall from her eye upon seeing the woman in the video.

Belle: Lucinia...

Dr. Sheridan saw the machine and sighs.

Dr. Sheridan: Son... We talked about this.

Albert: I know, but what else is there? Dark Code Viruses are running amuck with no one stopping them. Someone has to do something.

Dr. Sheridan: I know, but this... won't solve anything.

Albert: It will solve everything. As of now I already found candidates for the Guardian Code. All that's left is to finish the training simulation and we could finally end it.

Dr. Sheridan: I know, but-

Albert: Dad, I know I could do this. Mom would've said to do what is right.

The video ended and played the next one, showing Albert working on something else. Belle recognized the capsule in the room as the one she found in the lab.

Albert: You sure this will work?

Gabriel: I know it will. He has all of Fugi's abilities and memories. Almost like a twin.

Albert: Still... Can't believe you had a sample of MegaMan.EXE's DNA. If anything we could've cloned him.

Gabriel: I wouldn't go that far. Unlike Fugi, Project Lancer is something beyond that of the past. For he has the most advanced defense systems ever made. Not only that, but he could freely enter cyberspace at will. All that's left is his power source.

He opens a case which contains a blue sphere inside. Glowing with blue energy.

 Glowing with blue energy

Gabriel: The Blue Core. Forged from the fragment of a star located million years away from planet Earth that no longer exists in the present. It's not mentioned how the cores' material acquired, either gained through expedition to the outer space or the material itself fell on Earth as a meteor before examined and discovered it's nature as star fragment. Either way, the energy that gained from the star fragment has properly harnessed and encased within. It's potentially able to revive the already collapsed ecosystem on earth. Though it's exact potential was unknown, it's also revealed that the Blue Core Energy can revives and restore any machines aside powered them up.

Albert: Yet completely unpredictable. Are you sure?

Gabriel: We've gone this far to create the Next Guardians. I'm sure he'll be the hero to put a stop to the Dark Codes.

Albert nodded as the core was inserted into the humanoid inside the capsule. 

The next video played as Albert was shown running to the lab where Dr. Sheridan and Lucinia were.

Dr. Sheridan: No, no, no, no, no! Oh god no! Please, please stop! SHUT OFF! SHUT OFF! 

Lucinia: DOCTOR! What's happening?!

Dr. Sheridan: JUST HANG IN THERE! I'm trying to-

Albert: Dad! Dad, what's going on?!

Dr. Sheridan: No, Albert! Stay back!

The lab exploded as the tape stops. Lux and Belle were speechless. The fact that Gabriel and Albert were the ones who created the Guardian Code with the possibility that it was them that gave Tari here abilities.

Lux: Where is this Project Lancer?

Belle: Back at the old lab. Why?

Lux: He'll be a great help to us. For he'll find them and when he does... We'll be unstoppable.