Episode 12: One Shot

Announcer: Welcome everybody to GAMMA TECHS STADIUM! Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for some Tempest?!

The crowd went wild as Masa, Lamar, Tari and Theo snuck into one of the rooms. Theo happen to be hiding in a duffle bag.

Theo: That was REALLY uncomfortable. Why do you have so many cards, Lamar?

Lamar: You never know when a fool might want to duel you!

Tari: That's... a lot of people down there.

Announcer: Tonight, 100 players it's 1 to 4 will face off for the chance to win that exclusive player contract with Raptor Gaming!! A lucrative AMD computer sponsorship! And a position in Silica City's Challenges League! 

Lamar and Masa activated their Meta Runner arms.

Tari: It... Wouldn't be too late to back out now... would it?

Masa: This is the only private tournament that's still connected to TAS Corp's servers. 

Lamar: Yep, and Sofia's had to use every resource we had to sneak us in here. As much as I hate to admit it... Thing thing is happening.

Tari sat down and activated her Meta Runner arm. 

Announcer: Alright, all competitors are loaded and we are ready to go! Count it down with me folks!

10

9

Masa: Stick to the plan! Top of the mountain, no distractions.

7

6

5

Lamar: See y'all at the other side.

4

Theo: Yahoo! Let's go!

3

2

1

Announcer: ZERO!!

Tari warps in, but something went wrong. The warp started to glitch as Tari finds herself floating in an empty void.

The only thing see could see was a woman facing away from her. 

Tari: Hello? Do I know you?

Tari reaches out, but the woman drops down and disappears. Tari wakes up right in the middle of a battlefield. Players were at each other with spells. Masa, Lamar and Theo were taking cover behind a rock.

Competitor #1: Hurry up! We need to find some spells!

The competitor gets hit by a spell, eliminating from the tournament.

Competitor #2: FRAZIER! 

The second competitor gets eliminated as well. Tari got up to her feet and looked around the field.

Lamar: Damn... We would not have gotten a worst spot!

Theo: Hey guys! Tari's up!

Masa: About time.

Tari: Oh, wait, what happened?

Lamar: You've been knocked out since the game loaded. We had to hold up here just to keep you safe.