Episode 17: Shutdown

Tari found herself in the same place before blacking out at the start of the game. She meets Lucinia once more, who gave only a smile. 

Tari opens her eyes as the warning alarms went off

Tari: What's happening? 

Theo: You did the glitch, Tari. You won!

Tari: I did it? I did it!

Masa: Tari, in my entire life I have never seen gameplay like that! I couldn't be prouder to call you my teammate. 

Lamar: Tari, you're a video game genius and we love you a lot, but can we PLEASE run away now?

Tari: Oh, right.

Outside the stadium, Lux drops his earpiece.

Lux: No. NO! She was right there, Belle! 

He calms down after letting his frustration out.

Lux: Fine. Plan B, then. You! Reroute this through the backup system. 

The scientist did as told and reroutes through the computer with the Ultra Jump Mania cartridge. Meanwhile Lux takes out his gun from the drawer.

Lux: Prepare a security team. I'm done playing games.

Tari and the gang were making their way towards the exits as the evacuation was going on. However they soon found trouble in the form of Tas Corp security. 

Tari: Masa?

Masa: Turn back!

The team ran back down the hallway only to run into Lux and his security team. 

Masa: Lux?!

They run into the main level and were cornered. All exits were blocked off.

Lux: Hello again, Masa. Is it just me, or does this whole situation seem somewhat... familiar? 

Masa: You're too late, Lux. The hack is done. Sofia's long gone by now. 

Lux: Is that so? Well, we'll just have to call her back then, won't we?

Lamar, Tari and Theo were stunned by the security team. theo started to glitch while Tari's Meta Runner arm was sparking.

Lux: SOFIA! I KNOW YOU'RE STILL HERE! YOU HAVE TO THE COUNT OF THREE TO COME OUT! 

Lux aims his gun at Masa's head.

ONE

Masa tries to disarm Lux, but fails.

Lux: I'M NOT BLUFFING, SOFIA! 

TWO

MASA: SOFIA, DON'T! OR ELSE EVERYTHING WE'VE WORKED FOR WILL-