♔︎|𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

“𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲

“𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
«𝐂 𝐔 𝐑 𝐒 𝐄 𝐃»
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vincentius Dante

MOTHER HAD so much faith in me and I can never even visualize breaking it. No one has ever put so much hope and inducement in me except for my mother- she is my world. A knock on the door interrupted our conversation.

I turned around and saw Lukas, my youngest brother poking his head inside,"Can I also come in, I mean can we also come in?" He said while opening the door and revealing Hernan and Genevieve.

Hernan rolled his eyes at Lukas childish antics while Genevieve smacked the back of his head.

"Hey! What was that for?" Lukas protested while rubbing the back of his head. Genevieve ignored him and sat beside Hernan. Lukas grimaced and went towards mother while resting his head on her,"I am being bullied, mother."

Gen looked at her younger brother and rolled her eyes,"Man up Luke, you don't even have a scratch." Genevieve scolded him, Lukas looked at me with a fake-sad face, Mother couldn't help but laugh at him.

"Stop being a baby Lukas. Come on, get up, we need to wish your brother," Ma said while lifting his head. Lukas huffed dramatically in response.

All three of my siblings were now serious since it was time, we all held our masks and tied them tightly so that it wouldn't fall off. I helped Mother with her mask. We all held each other's hands and looked at each other. We just had one thing to say, one phrase that kept us strong.

"Till death be our downfall," All five of us, including mother, said. We nodded at each other and proceeded where the ball was taking place.

With every step, I felt a rush of adrenaline coursing through my body. I felt my blood pumping at a fast pace. I was anxious, for the very first time, I was nervous, but I felt as if something was pulling me in the grand room. I felt as if my whole body was tied to a strong rope; pulling me in the room with a great force.

We were now standing outside the grand room. The doors opened, revealing the sea of people dancing with their partners, drinking champagne, and chuckling with one another. As soon as we entered, everybody gasped and then the lights turned off, just how I planned. I planned to switch off the room's light so that we could easily disperse and blend in with so many people.

I just didn't want to expose ourselves yet. I wanted to covertly see and notice their actual behavior. I wanted to see how they naturally acted, Gen had handed me my cloak, now I was invisible to everyone except for my blood ones. The lights were now switched on and everybody looked at each other in confusion for what just happened, one of the wolf guards came in and he said exactly what I taught him,"Sorry for the inconvenience, there was a technical issue, please enjoy."