♔︎|𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

“𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫

“𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
«𝐂 𝐔 𝐑 𝐒 𝐄 𝐃»
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vincentius Dante

IT HAD BEEN five days of intolerable anguish due to Luciano's presence. Nonstop, he had been chasing after my mate. My temper had now toppled over its limits, and I was burning with the insatiable urge to kick him out of the castle and from our lives.

I was currently in my office discussing the plans with my beta, Dorian, and my head wolf general, Damien.

"King, I think that you, Prince Hernan and Lukas should keep your eyes on all sides," Damien said as he examined the files that had a record of each side.

"The southern Alpha is being unreasonably stubborn. Yesterday, I sent Adrian to collect the economic record and the Alpha didn't let him enter. When Adrian said that you've sent him, the Alpha explicitly told him to tell the King that he should personally collect the file from him," Dorian told me.

Great, now the Southern Alpha was becoming difficult.

"How's the Eastern side doing?" I asked, fully knowing that Bellamy belonged to it. A lot recently, Bellamy and I were getting along.

Yesterday, the wolf members and I were discussing the Luna ceremony, and it seems that I'd been unaware of how quickly the time had been drifting because, at around midnight, Bellamy stepped into the office with a cup of tea in hand. It'd been charming to see her in her nightgown. And not to forget, the tea had been out of this world.

"The Eastern side is by far the only side which is wholeheartedly accepting your orders. The rest are accepting them too but sluggishly. I agree with Damien, you should go and check on the sides," Dorain enunciated.

I nodded. "Okay. Tell the driver to be ready at exactly seven in the morning. You two are coming with me." With that, I stood up and made my way to bed.

It had been a long day and I felt my muscles aching slightly. I decided to go for a warm bath to clear my mind. As soon as the hot water touched my skin, I was coated in bliss. It was stinging at first but later it felt very good. After the bath, I wrapped a towel around my bare torso and I caught a glimpse of the deep scar that sat just above my heart, and I was reminded of many casualties that I'd had to surpass in the past.

The mirror was foggy with vapor that had sat on it during my bath. I brought my hand to its surface and swiped the moisture away. With every squeak on the glass, my reflection became clearer. The hair on my head was a wet tousled crown and the rest of my body seemed to be blurring away. A yawn slipped through my lips, and I remembered that I had an early morning.