Chapter 3

Please remember to vote/comment

-Chapter 3 -

Isabella Victoria

"Isabella! Lady Isabella you must wake up."

I blink my eyes open, closing them as soon as the bright light registers in my eyes. I open my eyes again and see all of my maids and ladies bustling around my room. Anna is standing next to me telling me to "get moving." I push the blankets back and sit up. After untangling myself from the blankets, I climb out of bed. They push me into the bathing chamber, and I quickly strip as they push me into the pool. Water and oils attack my hair as the maids grab my arms and start scrubbing. Another bucket of water is poured over my head. Then, my hair is tied up into a messy bun. Sponges attack my back and my torso. I close my eyes and try to enjoy the warm water for a few moments.

<><><>

I walk out of the pool and the maids dress me in a robe before escorting me back to my room and then into my dressing chamber. They sit me on a chair and unbind my hair. They start attacking my hair with combs and brushes. Eliza begins to tie my hair into a crown braid. When she finishes pinning it to my head, Theodosia has me step into a dress. I slip out of the robe as she pulls the petticoats over my shoulders. Then she begins to cinch my corset. When she is finished she pulls the dark purple dress up my body and over my shoulders. She begins to button the 24 buttons running down my back. I slip my feet into my black boots. When I am finished tying the laces she hands me a cloak, and then picks my robe up off the floor and places it into the laundry basket next to her. She grabs her cloak and ushers me out of my room. out of my room. Theodosia, Eliza, Anna, and I walk through Caralein to the carriage doors.

<><><>

Father is waiting for us by the doors. I look through the window, Gio and Ludo are standing with the carriages. Father is speaking to my maids, quietly enough that I cannot hear the words he is saying. They walk out the doors and enter a carriage. I walk up to my father and he pulls me to him. "Goodbye my Victoria."

"I will see you soon father."

"Oh we do not know when though. Good luck. Be strong and brave. Your mother would be very proud of you."

"Remember to write."

"I will as long as you write to me."

"Alright."

"Now go. Otherwise you'll be late to the palace."

"Goodbye father."

"Goodbye my Victoria."

I walk through the doors. Ludo helps me into the carriage. I tell Gio to take good care of Midnight while I'm gone. The driver snaps the reins and the carriage jolts forward. The clopping of the horse hooves against the cobblestones is the only noise we hear in the carriage. We have all fallen into a sullen silence. I look out the window, Caralein grows smaller and smaller the farther we travel away. I watch as it disappears from my view, then I stare at the carriage wall above Anna and Eliza's heads. "Miss, are you excited to be in Kayro?"

"It will be nice to see the city, Eliza."

"And the palace miss. All of the balls you will attend. Half of the time you'll look like a goddess."

"Balls are not everything, Anna."

"I know miss, but it will be exciting for you."

"I know Anna, it will be nice to see more cultures."

"Will you miss your father much, miss?"

"Everyday Theo."

"Then why are you going to the palace for such a long time?"