Chapter 30

Isabella Victoria

As I walk towards the main garden, I hear the voices of arguing women.

"You had an affair with my older brother!"

"Please, Lady Hefford, tell me when."

"Two weeks ago, during the ball, you got drunk and pulled him out of the ballroom."

"Me drunk? Never. I don't drink."

"Angelica please, let's just go back to the palace."

"No, that cow insulted my honor."

"Cow? How dare you? You're the one who's sleeping with other men when she's trying to get married to the king."

"How dare you? You have insulted time and time again. I am through with you Lady Elizabeth Hefford."

"Then you can stop messing around with James."

"I already told you, I never slept with him."

"Tell that to your shaking hands."

"Well I don't like being falsely accused of something!"

"Angelica please, can we just go back to the palace?"

"You certainly may, Lady Harriet."

"Angelica please...."

"I have an issue to solve with Lady Harriet Attard. You may go back to the palace if you wish."

"Angelica! What will happen if the king hears about this?"

"He won't unless you tell him."

"What about Lady Elizabeth?"

"She won't tell when I'm through with her."

"I wouldn't bet on that Angelica. You see we are in the garden, others are always in the garden, walking and if they are alone hearing what we speak of."

I walk away from the hedge and into the pathway which the ladies Elizabeth, Angelica, and Harriet stand.

"Good morning."

"Lady Parr, what are you doing here?"

"Well, it was snowing so I decided to go for a quick walk in the garden."

"Pity we just decided to go inside. It's gotten so cold out, you wouldn't want to lose your pretty little nose."

"I am sorry to hear that Lady Angelica. I do hope that when the cold sets in you have warmer clothing."

"Hopefully this competition ends with me becoming her most royal majesty and then I won't need to worry about it."

"Lady Angelica, it is almost Chríste, I would highly suggest getting some warmer clothing. The Asuri winters can be quite brutal."

"Thank you for your advice, Lady Isabella."

"Of course, if you do become Edward's queen I would be happy to help you. Varis is much warmer than Asura."

"It gets even colder here?"

"Oh yes. If you can't handle this chill, I would suggest heading home."

"Mio Dio! I am leaving this Godforsaken cold."

"I am sorry, Lady Angelica. I did not mean to scare you off. I only meant to inform you of our weather."

"Goodbye ladies and enjoy the cold."

"Of course, Lady Angelica, I wish you speed on your journey home."

Angelica begins to quickly walk back towards the palace with Lady Harriet following quickly behind. "Thank you for your assistance, Lady Parr, but I would've liked to have ripped her throat out for sleeping with my older brother."

"Oh I heard."

"You did, but-"

"I lied."

"Please don't tell anyone, his fiance will kill him."

"Of course, Lady Elizabeth. No one will ever know."

"Thank you."

She walks past me and leaves the garden. I smile to myself and continue to walk through the garden.

A/N: 13 chapters to go.