Chapter 7

Please comment or vote. 

-Chapter 7 -

I look in the hallway. A shorter drunk man is looking at a painting of Prince Consort Alexander VII. I slide my hand down my side and open the pocket in my belt. I wrap my fingers around the wide leather strip in my pocket and pull it out. The man reaches out to touch the painting, then stops inches away. I unwind the garrote and step out of my hiding space. I sneak up behind him and throw my arms over his head, using the leather to pull him to me. I press my knee into his back and tighten the garrote as he struggles against me. I hold both ends of the leather in one hand and I grab his hair, pulling his head back so he can see my eyes. Fear and panic lie nakedly in his eyes. I release his head and tighten the garrote as much as possible. The struggle fades out of him, when he is nearly gone, I move my head forward a few inches. My lips directly next to his ear. One sentence to destroy him. "You've been bested by a woman."

His body becomes dead weight and he falls to the floor. He lies face down in front of Alexander the seventh. Perfect. I open the window and jump out. Leaving the calm and safety of the palace to go up in the flame of death. 

A/N: DEATH! 

I apologize for the late update. The last few weeks have been hectic at school. I will be back to normal updating since I will not have to leave my house to go to school for the next month if not until next school year. Stay safe and healthy. *ghost hug* -M

 *ghost hug* -M