Chapter 45

Isabella Victoria

I open my eyes and see and see the light grey fabric hanging from the bedframe, blocking out the room. I roll over to the opposite side and see Edward.

"Good morning wife."

"Good morning."

"How does it feel to be a married woman?"

"Not too different, but I think I will have to get used to the whole "she won the competition. That's why she's his wife ''''

"I know."

Theodosia calls out from the dressing room, "Miss we're ready for you."

"Thank you Theodosia."

Edward grabs my hand and places a kiss to the back of it before letting me slide off the bed and walk into the dressing room. I walk through a doorway into a dressing chamber. My maids wait in the chamber readying clothing and jewelry. Theodosia opens a tall cabinet, revealing a simple yet elegant, flowy gown.

"It's beautiful."

"Thank you miss. Now you must get dressed, you don't want to be late to your own coronation."

She takes my dressing robe from me and orders me to quickly strip and get dressed with the garments that are sitting on the vanity. I quickly change and Theodosia comes back into the room. She takes the dress out of the cabinet and begins to unbutton the back of the dress. When it's unbuttoned she and Anna pull it over my body, I slide my arms into the loose full length sleeves and they begin to button up the back. When they are finished I slide my feet into the off white heeled boots and button them closed. Then, I take my seat in front of the vanity. Eliza steps behind me and quickly begins to unbind my hair and brush it out. She weaves an elegant, ornamented crown braid. She places a few more diamond hair pins into place before she steps away.

"Done, now go or you'll be late."

Anna hands me my pocket watch as I leave the dressing room.

Edward

I stand in front of the mirror and place the silver crown upon my head. The door of one of the side chambers opens and Isabella walks through. A white and gold gown adorns her body. She walks over to me, a nervous look on her face.

"Why are you nervous, my love?"

"I am worried that I am not fit for this position."

"Not fit for the position? Nonsense, you are perfect for the position. Strong, fierce, loving, thinking, all the traits a ruler needs." I draw her into my arms, "Trust me."

I press a kiss to her forehead, "For strength," and one to hech of her temples, "For wisdom and fortitude," and a quick, gentle one to her lips, "For love."

"Thank you."

"Anything and anytime. Now we must be off to church."

"Wait-"

"Yes?"

"Your crown is crooked, come here."

I walk the few steps back to her. She stands on the tips of her feet and lifts my crown off my head for a few seconds. She rests it back on my head and moves some of my black hair around.

"There. Much better."

"Thank you, my love. Now we must go, otherwise we will be late."

<><><>

The Archbishop stands next to me looking down the aisle. The doors to the chapel open and my wife walks through the archway. She slowly and steadily walks down the aisle. When she reaches the archbishop and I, she kneels on the stairs, her head bowed.

"Do you solemnly swear, Isabella Victoria, to guide and protect Asura alongside your husband until the day you die?"

"I do."

"Then, by the power vested in me by Our Lord God, I proclaim you Isabella Victoria Westwood the first, Queen of Asura."

The bishop nods to me, and I turn to the side and take the silver, diamond, and sapphire crown off the pillow. I walk up to Isabella, who still kneels on the steps and place the crown upon her head. Nestling it behind the top of the crown braid. She stands and turns to face the crowd of people in the church. They begin to cheer. I offer her my arm and she takes it. We walk down the aisle and up the stairs to the balcony. Footmen open the set of double doors, and we walk out onto the balcony. A large crowd stands outside the church, cheering and clapping. She released my arm and looks out at the crowd. I look outward at the coward and then back to my wife. Her eyes are shining and a smile lights up her face. Our hands sit on the railing, practically touching.

"May I introduce to you my Queen, Isabella Victoria Westwood I."

A voice shouts out from the crowd, "Long live the queen!"

"Long may she shine!"

"Long may she thrive!"

"Long may she prosper!"

"Long may she be loved!"

"Long live Isabella!"

"Long live the queen!"

The crowd falls silent for a moment and I speak, "Long live Queen Isabella I! Long may she reign!"

As soon as the last syllable of my shout leaves my lips an arrow is buried in the railing, an inch away from our intertwined hands.

THE END

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE SEQUEL: THE FIRST TRIALS

COMING OCTOBER 2020

(or November, depends on how fast I can edit)

A/N: It's over! It has been a wonderful ride and how how much I will enjoy continuing this in the beautiful and slightly (I'm totally lying) chaotic sequel. *Evil laughter as lightening rains down from the sky and the earth splits open*

No really, thank you so much for reading and sticking with this, the second book will be much faster paced and a bit shorter (probably about 30 chapters). All of my love and I'll see you in October, MorrigansFlight