Chapter 11

Please remember to comment or vote

-Chapter 11 -

Isabella Victoria

When I wake up, a bright light is streaming through the window on the right wall. Eliza, Anna, and Theodosia are rushing all over the room trying to be quiet. I push the blankets off my body, and sit up. The memories from last night flooding through my mind. "Good morning ladies."

"Oh you're awake. Good morning miss."

"Good morning!"

"Time to get you ready for the day."

"Already? What time is it?"

"It's nearly nine."

"But breakfast is..."

"At ten."

"Up, up, up. We have so much work to do."

"Out of bed, miss, and to the dressing room. Theodosia already brought everything needed to the dressing room."

I crawl out of bed, the cold floor biting at my feet through my socks. I rush behind my ladies to the dressing room. Anna takes my nightgown and disappears with it. Theodosia tosses me clothing to put on. I quickly pull on everything she hands me. Eliza helps me tie or button everything. Theodosia walks over carrying a corset. She wraps it around me and begins to tighten the laces. I take shallow breaths as she finishes. Then she grabs a dark turquoise gown off its hanger and unties the pearl colored laces on the back. She pulls it over my body and begins to pull the laces closed. She ties the laces and I sit on the chair. She places a pair of fancy boots next to my feet and I shove my feet inside of them. Then, I quickly tie the laces and turn to face the mirror. Eliza unbinds the braid in my hair and begins to brush out all of the snarls. When she is finished brushing my hair, she takes two small sections of my hair and pulls them behind my hair and braids them together. Then she takes a pearl and gold circlet and sets it upon my head. She takes gold hairpins and pins the circlet to my hair. She then takes a golden bangle and places it on my wrist. Then she takes a pearl necklace and clasps it around my neck. She pulls my hair out from underneath the necklace and lets it fall onto my back. I look at the small clock on the table, it reads 9:45. I quickly stand up, thank Theodsia and Eliza, and rush out of my rooms. I rush through the hall, and then rush through the hall of windows. I nearly run into the king in one of the hallways.

"Lady Isabella. I take it you are running a bit late this morning."

"A little Your Majesty. I am also a bit lost."

"Then may I have the honor of escorting you to breakfast?"

"Yes, you may."

He offers his arm to me and I wrap my fingers around his elbow. We walk down the staircase to the left of us. "Where are we eating?"

"It is a surprise."

"Then how does everyone else know where to go?"

" Do not fret, anyone who went to the dining hall was set straight."

A small silence falls over us for a moment before the king speaks again. "Forgive me for not expressing my compliments earlier, you look very much like a sea goddess."

I fight the blush rising in my cheeks, "Thank you, Your Majesty."

"Do you like the sea, Lady Isabella?"

"Yes. I lived by the sea for a year with my mother."

"Near where?"

"It was at my uncle's home, Lord William Gifford. His house was called Ursla."