chapter 42: stars can shine at night

Mark caught Donghyuck before he could fall completely back and hit the ground.

Hyuck was unaware of anything around him due to fainting and Mark surprisingly managed to remain calm.

Mark carried Hyuck up to his bed and began to bring alcohol and a cotton swab.
Not longer than 30 minutes did Hyuck wake up and regained his consciousness. He layed in bed confused but grateful for having Mark by his side.

Donghyuck knew something was off after having a random blackout in Mark's living room. But he didn't want to think much about it since his head was in pain.

"Do you need anything? Water? Food?" Asked Mark to Hyuck,

"Sure, some food will be fine"
He said with an honest smile and so Mark left to the kitchen.

Mark wasn't a top chef but he mastered the basic necessities of life.

"What's wrong with me?" Donghyuck asked himself.

Why was he in this situation and how can he feel so safe with Mark?

Why is he asking himself these things again?

Hyuck was started to grow angry and impatient, he just wanted to go home and sleep.

He hoped that this was all a nightmare and that his life was much simpler than now.

But boy he was wrong.

Crash

Mark jumped from his spot and ran upstairs (not forgetting to turn off the stove).
Mark was aware of Lucas's risk for Donghyuck. He immediately thought of Lucas and his nasty bet.

When he finally arrived to the top room, he saw ripped curtains, a broken window and a wolf with yellow and reddish eyes.

Mark was scared, he didn't know what to do but Donghyuck had so much control over the creature.

It was almost too perfect.

"Show yourself!"

Mark couldn't hold it anymore, he felt like this creature wasn't a regular werewolf from the woods.

It had to be something more in order to come into the city, more specifically into Mark's house.

That's when the wolf slowly began transforming into a form Hyuck never thought existed.

"LUCAS?!"