12 - The Return

I really love reading all your comments so keep them coming!
Who's excited for the next chapter?
Unedited

Chaos POV

All I could see was red. He was so delusional and he cost me the one thing that could keep the voices in my head away, the only thing that made me feel a slither of what I remember to be happiness.

'You know why he did it, you'll just hurt her anyway'
'You think your good enough for her?'
'You're nothing but a man of chaos... you have no one'
'Even you don't know who you are'

The voices were taunting me and I couldn't hold them back this time. I lunged at Maddox and grasped his leather cut, immediately pummelling my fist into his jaw. I'll show him exactly what this beast can do.

Behind me I heard the club house doors open and the people around me gasp slightly, but I didn't care. I kept going, venting all my anger, releasing hell onto my brother.

"Chaos!" Someone shouted but I took no notice, the distant sound of crying becoming slightly distracting.
It wasn't until I felt small cold hands wrap around my bicep which then halted my movements.
I tentatively looked down at the hand, instantly recognising it's small boney frame. In shock I followed my line of sight up the persons arm, shoulder, neck and jaw until my eyes fell upon a pair of fearful blue diamonds encased in long damp lashes. Long blonde strands of hair fell upon her forehead and shaded parts of her sparkling orbs but in an instant I knew who it was.

She was here. Stood right in front of me. And as soon as I looked into her eyes the voices abruptly stopped and my head was filled once again with nothing but pleasant silence.
"Lennox?" I questioned out of complete shock.

Her answer was silent, there was no verbal reply needed. She took hold of both my arms and in an instant I dropped her brother, my focus solely on her.
She was here. She took me into her arms and held on for dear life.

And for a moment I was happy.

But it didn't last long as the darkness crept back in. I remembered what the voices said, why I couldn't be near her. I'm not meant to be happy. Not with anyone.

Despite the fact this small girl has turned my world upside down on the days I've known her I can't hold onto the fact she brings me a small speck of happiness. I couldn't let her in.

So I let go, ignoring the look of hurt which flashed behind her eyes. Turning round slightly I watched as Emily launched herself from Erlinda embrace and rushed over the Lennox, checking to see if she was alright. I watched them interact, the girls which mean so much to me, and a small distant smile etched onto my face. For a moment I forgot about everything, and I just watched the simplicity of there interaction.

And then it all came back to me, and again I lunged for Maddox. Only this time Erik got in my way.
"Enough Chaos. I think Maddox gets the message." He said pulling me away from the beaten man. "Take a walk, cool off. She's back now there isn't a threat here"

I grunted in protest but one look from Prez and I was striding out of the clubhouse, all eyes on me especially the crystal blue ones which always seemed to follow me.

Pushing open the heavy doors, fresh air hit me hard and drew me back to reality.
Taking steady calming breaths I stood for a moment and looked up to the stars trying to piece together the events of the last week.
The girl we thought dead, shot in front of her brother and believed to be dead had come stumbling back into our lives.
Over the years Lennox has become a legend to me. Only spoken about when drinks had been pours and sorrows had been resurfaced. It's clear something else had happened the night she was taken, to make Maddox believe her dead.