Going to Church Together

Mitch, hurry up we're going to be late!" Scott calls up the stairs to his boyfriend.

Mitch sluggishly walks down the stairs. "Why do we have to go? It's like 7 A.M. and I didn't have time to put on my foundation."

Scott rolls his eyes. "First of all, it's 10:00 and I woke you up an hour ago. And you look fine it's just church."

Mitch sighs. "I don't see why we have to go anyway. We never go while we're on tour, I mean I love Jesus but church is boring."

"My parents are coming up today and they insisted I go," I explained. "It's only an hour and a half, come on." I say while grabbing the keys.

We pull up to the church and go inside. We've only here once for Kirstie and Jeremy's wedding. My parents are waiting inside for us.

"Mitch at least try to act happy." I say and give him a kiss before going inside. My parents are already sitting down.

"Hey mom!" I say giving her a hug.

"Scott I'm so glad you came! And Mitch, too."

"Hi Mrs. and Mr. Hoying." Mitch says.

I shake my father's hand and wait for the service to start. I actually kind of listened and thought about the sermon. I looked over to see Mitch tearing up a little.

"Mitchie?" I whisper? "Are you okay?"

He nods and people stand for the final song.

"Do you wanna go up there?" I ask.

"I'm scared.." He says.

"I'll go with you, come on." I slide past my parents, who look at Mitch in shock. He's not really a church person, as you can tell.

We get up and we kneel down on the step. I start talking to him.

"What made you cry, Mitch?"

He looks up at me. "I've been cu- doing things. Things that aren't good."

"Can you tell me what they are?" I say, softly, even though I already caught what he said.

"I...I cut myself, Scott. I can't stop." He starts crying again.

"Mitch, look at me." I look into his glassy brown eyes. "I love you so much and you have a family that loves you." I kiss his nose.

"I was just thinking about how Jesus did all these things for us and I just feel like I shouldn't do this anymore. I need help."

I was surprised. "I'm proud of you, Mitch. He loves you, no matter what." It was kind of weird seeing him like this. Seeing the more humble side of him.

"Want to go back?" I asked and he nodded. I helped him stand up and we sat down in our pew. The service ended and me and my parents said our goodbyes.

I held Mitch's hand as we walked out. We got in the car and he turned to me.

"So um...should we like buy a bible or.."

I laughed. "I'm sure we have one somewhere." I looked over at him seriously. "So um...how long ago did you..." I trail off.

"About two weeks." He answered quietly.

I sighed. "Mitchie...I love you..and I know I've said that a lot but I do. You also have three other best friends that love you too. If they knew that you were hurting yourself, they would be devastated. You're sexy and perfect and have an amazing voice. But most of all, you're my boyfriend, and I'll do anything to protect you. Please don't hurt yourself anymore."

He started crying. "I love you Scott. I promise I'll stop."

I pulled up to our apartment.

I kissed Mitch softly and we went inside.

"Can we like watch Madea or something? I'm tired of crying." Mitch said.

"There's my baby." I said and kissed him.

That night I went into our room and found Mitch in his bathroom.

"Babe?" I opened the door.

He was throwing away his razor blades.

"I'm happy for you, Mitch." I said and he turned around.

"Thank you for helping me realize that I need to stop. I love you." He hugged me and I started tickling him. We eventually ended up on the bed and ended our tickle fight exhausted.

"I'm tired." Mitch mumbled.

"Me too." I said and cut out the lights. "Goodnight, Mitchie Poo."

"Goodnight, Scooter."

I snuggled up against him and fell asleep, dreaming of nothing other than my perfect boyfriend.

;$&:~^*+!|\*+=¥!|{%*')6&:36$?:$@"?

Hey!

Idk why I wrote this about church it's like 11:30 and I'm kinda tired so yeah.

Did you like it? Idk how long it is but it took forever to type on my phone.

Comment if you like? Please?

I accept all ideas and prompts and constructive criticism.

Ily

Adios!