Chapter 50

"Lia" said Runyu softly at breakfast. "The Spring Festival starts tonight."

Li-Hua's eyes widened. "Are we going to go watch the fireworks?" she asked excitedly.

Runyu cleared his throat and looked away. "That wasn't exactly what I had in mind" he replied.

Li-Hua tilted her head to the side. She was puzzled.

"We can do whatever you want to do" she offered. "I'm sure I will enjoy it" she said confidently.

Runyu coughed again, his face flushed. "I hope so" he murmured under his breath.

That whole day Li-Hua wondered what surprise Runyu had in store for her. He was being so mysterious.

As the sun finally went down, Li-Hua eagerly went in search of Runyu. He had said to meet him in his bedroom at dusk.

She knocked on his door. "Runyu?" she asked. "Are you there?"

She heard him clear his throat. "Come in" he said.

She opened the door to see him sitting on the bed in a light robe that hung open to his waist. His long hair was let down.

"Oh!" She looked down at the floor. "Do you need more time to get dressed?" she asked awkwardly.

"No" replied Runyu. "Close the door and come sit next to me" he said gently, patting the bed.

Li-Hua started to feel nervous. She had never seen Runyu this underdressed before.

She sat down on the bed delicately where he had indicated. Runyu turned towards her and held her hand.

"Lia" Runyu began, "now that the Spring Festival is here, you are of marriageable age. It is time for us to do what married couples do."

He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it gently. Her stomach clenched. She looked up at Runyu, wide-eyed.

"I... uh... I..." she stammered, and then swallowed hard. She was so afraid to disappoint him. "I don't know how" she admitted in a whisper.

Runyu laughed lightly, squeezing her hand gently. "Don't be afraid" he reassured her.

He reached up to her hair, removing her hair pin. Her hair cascaded down, falling over her shoulders. He grasped her lightly by the chin, staring deep into her eyes.

"Lia" he said huskily. "Do you know how beautiful you are?" he asked. "Do you know how hard it has been to keep my hands off of you?"

Li-Hua chewed her bottom lip nervously. The expression in Runyu's eyes darkened. He lurched forward, pressing his lips against hers. He moved his hand from her chin to behind her head, his lips moving insistently over hers, coaxing them open. She felt his tongue thrust inside her mouth. Lightly, at first, running over her teeth. Then deeper, and deeper, his tongue penetrated into her mouth. His other hand moved to her back, and she felt herself being pushed down onto the bed, all the while his tongue and lips moving over hers.

He paused and lifted himself up to look down at her, his long hair falling around them both like a curtain. Slowly he untied the sash that held her dress closed. Then he laid himself down next to her on the bed, and leaned in to begin anew the onslaught against her lips.

She felt his breathing quicken as he released her mouth, only to begin moving his lips over her chin and face, then down to her ear. Lightly he grazed her ear with his teeth, making Li-Hua gasp. He smiled fiercely in dark triumph.

Runyu leaned in again, grazing his teeth over her neck in various spots, down to the nape. Then kissing and gently sucking her skin at the neckline to the hollow of her throat.