Chapter 71

Tangyue paced back and forth, alongside the river near his house. This was where he usually came when he wanted to think. Qintian was still missing. It was not like her to go this long without checking in on him.

"She didn't get to keep her husband, so what could she possibly be doing right now?" Tangyue thought to himself.

A sudden thought brought him up short. "What if... he killed her?"

Panic took over him. That could explain why she was never found. Maybe the Frog Spirit had killed her to get away, and her body had demateralized!

"Father!!!" Tangyue yelled, running towards the house. "Father!!!"

"What is it, Tangyue?" his father's voice floated out from the inside.

Tangyue doubled over, trying to catch his breath.

"Father, maybe he killed her!" Tangyue gasped out. "Maybe that's why I can't find her anywhere!"

"Qintian?" Father asked. "How long has it been now since she went missing?"

"FOUR MONTHS!" Tangyue yelled hysterically.

"What if the Frog Spirit killed her in that cave and her body dematerialized?" Tangyue asked worriedly.

Father shook his head. "I highly doubt that, Son."

"That could have happened" Tangyue commented unsurely.

Father looked at him skeptically. "The Frog Spirit is not known to be the murderous type."

Father looked off in the distance. "Still... four months is a long time, even for her. I'd better go have a talk with Liu Ying."