♣️Bus Buddies | Bully!America x Bullied!Russia♣️

"Not him!" America and Russia cried in unison, swiveling their heads to glare at each other.

America was the first to properly speak up, "Sir, can I change bus partners?"

NATO sighed and rubbed his temples, leaning on the edge of his desk.

"America, it's just a bus ride. You two don't even have to speak to each other, or even look in the other's direction. You'll forget all about it once we get to the museum."

"Actually, sir," Russia piped up, ignoring America's asshole friend's death stares piercing his skin for speaking. "It's two bus rides: there and back."

"Who cares!" NATO groaned over dramatically, earning a few chuckles from any students in the class who weren't salty. "Everyone else has a partner and you two are the only ones left. Suck it up, boys."

"Wait," America frowned. "Everyone else had a partner? You mean no one picked to sit with me?"

He swept an accusing glance over each of his friends, all of them refusing to meet his eyes.

His gaze turned to Japan who had been his best friend since elementary.

She stared at the ground, ears and tail drooping.

America huffed and slammed a fist down onto the desk top, startling Russia.

"Fine. Whatever. I didn't need any of you anyway."

The striped nation stood up abruptly, his chair screeching against the linoleum floor. He gathered his things and stormed out of the room, slamming the door closed behind him.

The room was silent for a moment before NATO clapped his hands, taking the attention away from the missing student.

"We still have a couple minutes before school ends, who wants to play hangman?"

▪▪¤▪▪

"Ame, you're being irrational."

"No, I'm not!" America griped, kicking along a random stone as he walked with his brother to their house. "He's the worst, Maple! I can't stand that commie."

Canada sighed; the kind of sigh parents would make when their child refused to go to bed. "Do you even know him? I swear you've never even had a conversation with the guy."

America hesitated but scrambled to cover up his uncertainty, "Well who cares? He's just as bad as his dad: filthy communist scum."

"America, Russia's not even communist!"

America gaped, stopping right in the middle of the pathway.

"No."

"Yeah! He's democratic - just like you, eh?"

America gasped louder, "NO!"

Canada snorted as his older brother struggled with gripping reality again on the sidewalk.

"Well, I - how would you know? You don't talk to him!"

Canada rolled his eyes as he pulled his brother's arm to herd him back to the house. America stumbled along, still confused and kind of dazed.

"Yes, I do. Unlike you, I'm nice to everyone," Canada grinned, practically dragging America along at this point. "And he told me that he was democratic."

"Well-uh-I- he could've lied!" America excused hurriedly. "He's an ass, he totally lied. Yeah, that's it!"

"You sound like you're trying to convince yourself more than you are me," Canada scoffed, flicking America's cheek - frowning when the other didn't even flinch. "He's really a great guy."