♠️Of Course | Soulmate!America x Soulmate!Russia♠️

Requested by: Larklarken27

This bitch is SUPER early but it's dark outside therefore 'tis tomorrow-

Also, this oneshot really shows how Aussie I am with my u's and my s's instead of z's, and trust me - I had a whole frickin' battle with Word and Wattpad because they refused to not be American for like 0.00000000000000000005 seconds. LIKE DUDE, I JUST WANNA CHECK IF I HAVE ANY TYPOS, WHY YOU GOTTA JUDGE MY LANGUAGE?!?

Can Australian English be counted as its own language?

<<Top 10 questions science still can't answer>>

~~~~~~~~

There was probably a good explanation as to why the hell America was flying down the street at 100m/h, but to the odd passerby it wasn't quite clear.

If America was being honest, he wasn't quite sure himself.

But his dogs sure did.

"Rascal, Puppis, slow down!" America cried, trying to dig his feet into the pavement and stop the two excited dogs.

He was out on his usual walk around the neighbourhood with his two medium-sized dogs Rascal, his golden retriever, and Puppis, his border collie. Before you get all hissy like ewwww, Puppis isn't a good name at all! – just shush. He got Puppis when he was pretty young and since she was just a puppy and Puppis is the name of a constellation, he called her that. She was the oldest of all four of his dogs, but she was still energetic and needed walking a lot. Rascal was his second dog, only about 3 years younger than Puppis, and was as excitable as ever. Around his fluffy neck was a purple bandanna – at least that was what America was told. His younger sister, Australia, had gifted it to him and told him that it was purple. She was aromantic and asexual so she could see all colours already, since she didn't have a soulmate to reveal colours with.

America could only see an amber colour, but he didn't mind too much. It was a very soft and calm amber that he actually quite enjoyed seeing – although often he dreamed of seeing colours. He couldn't quite imagine the colours of course, but imagine the world seeming brighter and more open.

As he grew older, however, he began losing hope as all of his family and friends found their soulmates and he got left behind. Despite the single colour that still persisted, he started to doubt if he even had a soulmate after all.

But when he saw that gorgeous amber, he felt a glimmer of hope.

As his two dogs raced around the corner he almost slid onto the road before cashing into a body so large and strong he thought it had been a wall at first. He didn't have a chance to apologise before he squealed when his two excited dogs circled the two of them and twisted their legs together and prevented them from escaping.

"Puppis, Rascal!" America scolded as he glared at his dogs, trying desperately to wriggle free of the leads. "I'm so sorry about that sir they're – "

America stopped immediately as he stared into the stunning amber eyes before him, momentarily lost in thought. His heart began pounding in his chest wildly and slowly but surely, colours bled into his surroundings, filling his vision with vibrant yellows and blues and greens and reds. Everything seemed so much brighter, so much livelier than it had ever been before; like he was seeing everything for the first time. And in a way, he was.

His soulmate was handsome, more handsome than he ever could have imagined. His skin was smooth and colourful: scarlet and navy and pearl. He wore a fluffy brown ushanka and a pastel purple t-shirt (oh gosh it felt good to see purple), plus he was wearing dark blue denim skinny jeans and big black boots - not that foot size matters or anything –