CHAPTER EIGHT - LIMIT

This is it folks

Wanda Maximoff - Private

A week had gone by, and my entire body was burning up.

I was on fire every second of the day. I didn't know how to function anymore.

Day by day the voices got louder. Aggressively screaming at me to cave in, to explode. They multiplied in on themselves and wouldn't stop.

It was getting harder to speak, as I could not hear myself anymore.

Unfortunately, I made the situation between Pierson and me awkward from the lack of communication. But then, he did notice I wouldn't speak at all to the boys at times. I felt his concerned look when I would grab my forehead.

But I didn't care. I was begging for silence, begging for the pain to stop.

I was going to explode.

The humidity in the air seemed to crash down on me. Sharp pains were pounding against my chest and forehead, then my forearms.

I barely slept. It sounded like a whole baseball stadium was constantly in my ears. My eyes were growing heavier but they would not close.

It felt like the parasites were clawing their way out, and I could do nothing to stop them.

And then, the worst part was the overwhelming desire to hurt someone.

Just to break free, let all my powers out, and slam anyone out of the way.

"Break free, let go, show them who you truly are."

I winced, alone in the tent, grabbing my head.

"Show them what you are. Show them you are dangerous."

A whimper escaped my lips. I could've cried out, but it felt like my lips were glued shut.

"Break free. You don't have to be in pain. Let us free."

"No, no," I whispered, voice tight with pain.

"Show them that you don't follow their orders."

I fell to my knees, looking upwards but with my eyes closed. I was exhausted after days of putting up with everything silently.

"Don't hold back anymore . . ."

"Soviet," Zussman's voice came, and he pushed open a flap of the tent. I didn't look at the sound of his voice and stayed in my position.

"Yea?" I managed to croak out.

He stopped in place, obviously surprised to see what I was doing. "Uh, Pierson needs us. He's not in the mood to wait."

"Mhm." My head tilted back downwards, though I didn't want to move it.

"You. . . You alright?" He seemed genuinely worried but still confused.

I opened my eyes then, looking to the floor, feeling utterly lost. I wanted to hurt people. I wanted to inflict plain and show off my powers. I wasn't sure if that was myself or the parasites speaking.

Tears clouded my vision. I know Zussman saw them, (nothing went past him when it came to me), and a tiny 'aw' came from him as he moved forwards.