CHAPTER FIFTEEN - FUTURE

Wanda Maximoff - Super Human

Remember when I said something was coming?

Well, it was only a block away.

My chest was frozen from the pressure. It was the first of November, and I could barely breathe.

The feeling had gone up and down for a while now, but it was so intense, there was no doubt it was hours away.

With it now being close, I could finally feel whether it was bad or not.

And it didn't feel like a threat.

Pierson did end up getting me in my bunk somehow a few nights ago. I woke up in my cot, feeling insanely refreshed.

Also, the voice disappeared that day, the 29th, and hasn't been back since. It was only two days, but with my mind is clear for once, it felt like a million years.

Pierson and I were still . . together, was it? There were moments where I did want to smile or stare at him but kept my eyes away when the boys were around.

They didn't seem to suspect much. Zussman would sometimes watch my reaction when Pierson strode by, to see if I changed my face at all. I kept myself stoic, even though it was a struggle.

Aiello occasionally asked me about how our 'dates' we're going. He was completely joking, but he had no idea how close he was to actually find out.

Daniels was calmer about it, as always. When Aiello would push his jokes, Daniels would be the first to stop him. I liked him a lot more about this.

Stiles, however, was scarily nonchalant.

He wouldn't even smirk when they joked. He seemed so unbothered, but I knew he wasn't.

I've learned just to nod my head at whatever he said or did, and let it slide for him just being bored or in a mood. But still, it freaked me.

"Aiello!" I scolded, "I told you not to put your shit on my cot!"

He looked up at me, "come on, your side is way too organized. Gotta mess it up a little."

I chucked my pillow at his face. He let out a mock scream and threw it back at me, which I caught with ease.

"God, you're the worst," I growled lowly, throwing the pillow back onto my bed.

"You love me!" He teased, grinning. I shot him a playful glare.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night."

Turner called us out to give us orders for the day. The boys groaned as they lazily got up and grabbed their rifles.

I put my hand against my chest and let out a breath, feeling as though I was having a massive panic attack.

Zussman came over and put a hand on my shoulder. I jolted under his touch but didn't move. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing," I breathed. "I'm fine."

They deserved to know. But I couldn't find the courage to tell them. I guess they'd know eventually, but wouldn't like the fact that I've felt the incoming presence for months.

Whatever the hell it was.

Turner was with Pierson in the middle of the wide path. I could tell they just had a heated conversation from the look on their faces and prepared myself for the attitudes about to come.

"Alright," Turner began, immediately I felt his voice on edge, "trucks are coming in with supplies today. There's gonna be explosives - be extra careful, and don't set any off . . "