CHAPTER SIXTEEN - ARRIVAL

Wanda Maximoff - Super Human

I slept for almost 24 hours.

It was honestly quite impressive. I had never slept that long before and woke up feeling as though God had pressed the reset button and I was anew.

Many times during the night, I was close to waking up. Something always pushed me back to sleep, which was highly appreciated.

The pressing feeling was gone. I knew immediately that meant that the voice was basically here.

I had a little bit of anxiety, but I wasn't as afraid as I thought I'd be. It was like during my sleep, I was turned into a completely new person. I had slept away my fears and was prepared for anything.

"You're awake," Pierson said amused, eyebrows raised when he first saw me. We were alone, somewhat, and no one important was really around.

"How long was I out for?"

"Almost a whole day. How are you feeling?" I smiled, feeling so good that I could do it all day.

"Amazing. The feeling is gone. But I think that means the voice is. . here." His face dropped and he became serious.

His eyes hardened and blackened. "So, what does that mean?"

I gently grabbed his wrist, to calm him some. "It'll be alright. I can handle whatever comes, no?"

He looked skeptically at me, wondering where my new found calmness came from. "Just yesterday you wanted to leave - what the hell happened in that sleep?"

"I don't know," my smile broadened some, "but now you're the one worrying." My hand went to his face, "and you do enough of that already."

"Yea, yea," he said, softening up. "But you make me worried a lot."

"What?" I said playfully, but I secretly wondered what he meant. "Worried I'm gonna get myself in trouble?"

"That and you'll become brave enough to find Hitler yourself."

I giggled aloud, (he was the only one who could make me do that,) and leaned upwards. He leaned down, and our lips met for a firm and short kiss.

"Feel better now, Sarge?" The corner of his lips was upturned.

"Course I do."

He kissed me again, putting a hand on my lower back. It was somewhat of a rush, knowing that any second one of the boys could round the corner and our cover would be blown.

"I'm beginning to think you want to be caught," I said as he kissed my jaw, becoming braver.

He hummed against me, and I felt chills go down my spine. "Couldn't give any fucks right now," he mumbled.

He was about to say something else when a series of shouts cut us off. We turned sharply to see where the sound was coming from; it was another row of tents ahead.

I instantly knew. "It's him."

He looked at me with his lips parted and with wide eyes.

"Let's go!"

We took off, sprinting to the noise. I prepared myself for the absolute worst and felt my hands begin to cool, red spitting off of him.

We saw Turner and the boys with their backs to us, looking at something. The camp was crowded around in a large circle at said thing. "Zussman!" I yelled.

He turned around, instantly knowing the sound of my voice. For a moment, his eyebrows scrunched as he noticed Pierson and I came together.

He moved aside so we could get a clear view of what they were looking at. I skidded to a stop, seeing a very underwhelming sight.