CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - PROM NIGHT

Wanda Maximoff - Super Human

"Keep your middle finger directly where you want to target. I noticed it's where your aim is."

I nodded. "Alright, move out of the way."

Pierson did as told, and right over his shoulder, something exploded.

It's been another three days. Ivan and I had been working, and by now, I was basic at flying.

I lost my fear for it, I loved it. Ivan said I was a quick learner, and that made me happy.

Today he said he was going to help me learn to lift objects whilst doing so. That seemed like a challenge. He then said the next step would be healing, though there wasn't much to it.

I asked not to manipulate minds anymore. He replied with, "for now. Later on, you will need to learn and perfect it."

I really did not want too. That bothered me on a mother level. And with every day, the pulling feeling tugged at my stomach. Now, it was making its way up to my esophagus.

"You look distracted," Pierson said. He came closer to me. "Why so?"

I dropped my hand and looked at him. "Oh, I'm fine. Just thinking."

"Bout what? That you like Ivan's training better?" He spat out in a venomous tone.

"Pierson, stop it. You know I like the time I spend with you." But he still looks unconvinced. He was really, really, not having with Ivan.

"I just get a bad feeling from him."

I twitched once; then, I turned my head. "I don't."

"I know you don't. But I do."

I shook my head, getting irritated. He wasn't doing anything wrong but helping me. "Pierson, we've had this conversation before- all he's been doing is helping me. I haven't been in pain since he came."

"Because," he replied back sharply, "he was the reason for your pain."

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "He didn't have an option. Nor did he mean to hurt me just to hurt me."

"Don't roll your eyes at me," he growled, and I saw the same old Sergeant Pierson come out.

"Then stop acting like he's a threat because he isn't."
I retorted just as dangerously.

I crossed my arms as his jaw ticked. He was visibly trying to keep his cool and it showed. "When some random man shows up to my camp, whisks away one of my soldiers, and acts like he runs the place, you can't expect me to be cool about it."

"I don't understand why you're so weird about him - he's not trying to flirt with me, not trying to do anything to me besides help!" He tightened jaw so tight I thought it was going to burst.

"Don't raise your voice at me."

I scoffed in disbelief, thrusting my arms in the air. "God, you can be such an asshole sometimes. Don't act like you're just my Sergeant."

"What happened to you wanting me to be your Sergeant, huh?" His eyes were burning with something of irritation as he desperately tried to cool himself.

"What happened to us being a thing?!" I specifically said he would do so around other damn people, but he liked to pick and choose.

"We are still a thing!"

"Well then act like it and tell me why you hate Ivan so much!" I went closer to him, feeling myself become angrier and angrier.

"Because I love you and I'm afraid you're going to get hurt!"