CHAPTER NINETEEN - HILL 493

extra long chapter Bc y'all know what's coming :(

Wanda Maximoff - Super Human

It was November 13th, late at night, and I was in Pierson's tent.

He was sitting on his cot while I stood, crossing my arms and looking down.

Ivan's word about how everyone here will always fear me affected me more than I could admit. Everyone thought of me differently. And soon enough, I did too.

It was only a few days since that day, but the odd feeling was almost everywhere in my body. I looked in a mirror once and hardly saw myself. It was so strange, but I couldn't come up with the words to question it.

"Why are you so upset?" He asked, "you're still you."

"Not really."

He sighed, chest-puffing some. "You're acting so different. Tell me what's wrong, please."

I closed my eyes; that please really got me. So, I took in a breath and began.

"I used to, think of myself one way, but," I put my hand out, the energy flowing from my fingertips, "after this, I am something else."

"I'm still, me I think, but. . . That's not what everyone else sees."

"I still see you. I always have."

He then took my hand and began tugging it gently. And I, intrigued, let him do so and followed the path he created.

He placed me with my back against his broad chest. arms around my waist. I instantly melted into him, he was so warm.

"I don't know who or what I am anymore," I admitted, sighing. "Something is . . . pulling me away."

"Away from what?" He questioned, not moving.

"The good side."

Then, he craned his neck to look at me sideways, confused but expecting the worse. "Not to . . . the Germans, of course. I just feel like what I'm doing," I paused, unable to find the words. "Doesn't matter, unless it does harm."

Because that's what Ivan said.

I felt him put his chin on the top of my head. "I'm scared."

Unexpectedly, he just tilted his head and kissed my temple. The sudden and soft sign of affection could've solved all my problems, it seemed.

He then placed his lips on my cheek. Taking his hand to my jaw, he turned my face so I was equal to him.

There, he placed a gentle kiss on my lips, nuzzling his forehead against mine.

"You have nothing to be scared of when I'm around, Private. I'll make sure of it."

"And if you're not?"

"Then it's gonna take one hell of an army for me not to be. You understand?"

I couldn't help but break into a wide smile, raising my hand to his jaw, pulling his head closer to mine. "Yessir."

He chuckled against my hand, sending chills down my spine. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time. It was crazy to think the same hard-headed sergeant was holding me delicately, pressing his lips to my head.

I tilted my head backward, giving him easy access to place a kiss on my lips. They were everything I could ask for; warm, loving, and said a million words.