Ch2: Lee

Here goes nothing.

Jimin knocks again, but nothing happens. He wonders if Lee comes to this place anymore. He shrugs, knocking over and over again but to no avail. Finally reaching for the door, he slowly pulls it open. It opens with him although it's heavy, and Jimin lets out a groan as he pulls it open.

He finally makes space for him to walk in, and he does, scanning the place. The walls are dull and the place smells stuffy, but the lights are too bright they hurt Jimin's eyes. There are a few small fighting rings on the side, and other equipment on another, like ropes, punching bags, and things Jimin only saw on T.V.

Most of all, there's a girl. Her hands are engulfed in boxing gloves as she hits at the punching bag, the bag moving everytime she throws a punch or a strong kick. Her hair is in a tight braid, and she's dressed in some tight pants and a sports bra, sweat dripping down her forehead.

Jimin watches in awe as her back muscles twitch everytime she moves, her body moving in a steady rythym and natural flow.

Almost like dancing, Jimin thinks.

She finally stops, her chest heaving up and down in heavy breaths as she turns to look at Jimin, her eyes sharp and dark, glaring.

Jimin gulps, hugging his duffet bag closer to himself.

The girl eyes him up and down while she takes off her boxing gloves. Jimin seems to shrink under her cold judgemental gaze, pulling his lips to a thin fine line.

"Are you lost, kid?" She finally speaks, putting her hands on her hips.

"I don't think so," He replies, his voice soft, contrasting her firm strong one.

"Do you know where I could find Lee?" He adds, watching as she walks over to a bench and gulps down some water.

Putting down her bottle, she turns to him, raising an eyebrow.

"Why do you want Lee?"

"I want him to teach me how to fight," He says, a determined smile on his lips despite the bruise on his cheek bone. "Are you one of his students?"

The girl scoffs, shaking her head.

Jimin hesitates. "... His assistant?"

"You know it's funny how everyone assumes Lee is a he," She says with some weird grin.

Jimin freezes for a second, his eyes widening.

"You're... you're Lee?"

"Listen kid, this is not the place for you. I don't do this anymore," Lee says, grabbing a towel from the bench and walking away.

"No, wait!" He calls after her, but she disappears into a door.

Jimin sighs and puts his bag down, taking a look around the place. He decides to wait for her to come out as he playfully punches a punching bag, wincing when ribs remind him they hurt.

She doesn't take long, coming out ten minutes later in sweatpants and a big white shirt. Her hair is wet, a few shades darker now and tied up in ponytail.

"You're still here," She says, crossing her arms.

"Ah, yes," Jimin smiles, "I heard a lot about you, that you're a great fighter, a champㅡ"

"Get out," She cuts him off.

Jimin pauses. "No, no, no. I know you stopped teaching, but I really really need to learn how to fight. I promise I'll work hard. I have a great potenㅡ"

"Get out."

"I have money, too." He reaches for his duffet bag, grabbing out an envelope. He stretches it towards the woman.

"I don't know if it's enough or not, but it's all I have for the moment. I can bring more next month, though," He says.

Lee laughs sarcastically. "When? When your daddy gives you your allowance?"

Jimin stays silent for a few seconds.

"Yes," He admits.

Lee laughs at him and shakes her head, staring unamusingly at the money in his hand.

"Just get out of here," She grunts, "You're at the wrong place. Go and find someone else."

"But I want you," He says as she turns around and gives her back to him, "You're the best. I want to learn how to fight in a short amount of time, too. I want to get stronger, so please please, help me."

It falls silent for a few seconds, hope rising in Jimin's chest.

"No," She says bluntly, finally turning to look at him. "I said I stopped a long time ago. What makes you think I'll go back for you?"

She says the last word while pointing a finger at him, almost disgustingly. Of course. Anyone who sees Jimin would say he's some highschool kid who gets bullied, with his black hair falling over his eyes like some six year old and his soft features.

"Hey," He says, finally resting his hand beside him, "I don't know why you stopped, and I'm sorry for that, but I really do need you to help me, and I'll be extremely grateful if you do. I'll owe you my life, and I can do whatever you want."

"What the hell are you even apologising for?" She grunts.

He shrugs. "You love fighting, don't you? I saw it in your eyes earlier while punching that bag."

She doesn't reply, her face expressionless.

"I know what it's like to quit something you love, the only thing that reminds you of who you really are, although it makes you hate yourself at the same time, am I right?" He says, a sad smile on his face as his mind goes back through memories he doesn't want to remember.

"I'm a dancer," He adds, "Well, at least I wish to be one. I quit dancing for a while a few years ago for some reason, but I'm back now, so I kind of understand if you don't want to go back to what you love, but trust me, once you do, you won't regret it."

"Well, not for long," He adds jokingly, "But I'm not giving up. I want to learn fighting and I want you to teach me. So when do I come?"

Jimin keeps his eyes on her, studying her face and posture to see if she was moved by his words at all. He finds it hard, though, as her posture stays the same and her face remains calm and blank.

She finally sighs, uncrossing her arms and letting them fall beside her as she looks him in the eye.

"Never."

And with that, she turns around and disappears back in that door, leaving Jimin alone.