Ch14: Beautiful Eyes

"You like her."

Hoseok freezes, immediately averting his gaze away from the girl standing a little far and back to his friend.

"What?"

"You like her," Taehyung repeats, a wide grin on his face, "You like Lee."

Hoseok blinks, his face suddenly feeling warm. "No, I don't."

His denial seems like a confirmation to Taehyung, whose smile grows wider.

"Since when?" He asks, leaning closer.

Hoseok starts unwrapping the bandages on his hands, and keeps his concentration on them, hoping his friend doesn't notice his red face.

"A while," He mumbles.

"When will you tell her?"

Hoseok shrugs. "I don't know yet. I have a feeling she'll reject me."

"Of course she will," Taehyung says with a low chuckle, and clearing his throat when the other glares at him.

"Nothing personal," He adds, "It's not you. You're handsome and cool. Any girl would want to date you. Well, any girl but Lee. I don't think she's into dating. Not to mention that all guys are scared of her."

"I'm not," Hoseok says, looking back at her in the ring, having a struggling man in a headlock.

Taehyung sighs, "Then what are you waiting for? Even if she says no, at least you would've tried."

"Do you think she likes me back?" Hoseok asks.

Taehyung chokes on his saliva, falling over and putting a hand on his chest as he coughs, making Hoseok roll his eyes. It takes a few seconds for Taehyung to stop, and when he finally catches his breath, he looks up at his friend with an are-you-kidding-me look.

"I'm serious. What if she likes me but is hiding it?"

Taehyung laughs. "No offence but why did you ever think she likes you?"

Hoseok frowns. "She talks to me the most."

"Everyone talks to you the most because you're friendly."

Hoseok rolls his eyes again. "She keeps on sneaking peeks at me."

"Probably questioning your rationality."

"Hey," Hoseok whines, throwing the bandages at Taehyung, "Whose side are you on?"

"Hers."

"I'm your best friend."

"And I'm scared of her."

Hoseok can't help but laugh at the statement with Taehyung laughing along, and as he glances around, he catches a glimpse of Lee looking at him.