Ch20: The Wrong Ballerina Boy

Jimin is speechless.

He knew he was in for a dark story, but he honestly did not expect it to be that dark, that it would leave him speechless, wondering if there is absolutely anything he can reply with. But he doesn't know, so he quietly stares ahead where Jungkook is now choking on a dog treat with Thanos barking right in his ear.

"I know," Lee says out of the blue, nodding slowly, "Kinda knew that would be your reaction."

"So," Jimin says hesitantly, "Hoㅡ Hoseok. What... Did heㅡ"

"He killed himself," She says in a low voice, turning her head to look at Jimin, "A week after that. Right before his trial. He left a letter to me. Said he was probably getting a death sentence anyway, that he would have never been able to live with the guilt that he killed someone, and that he would rather take his life with his own hands."

"You know what's funny?" She adds, her voice cracking as her eyes fill with tears. "The lawyer said that there was a good chance he would get ten years in prison rather than a death sentence. It was self-defense after all."

"Maybe," She pauses to swallow the lump in her throat, her voice quivering as she continues, "Maybe he would've been alive now with a few years left. And I would visit him every chance I got, I know I would. And so would have Namjoon. And Taehyung wouldn't have been so sad. And I would constantly remind Hoseok that what he did wasn't even close to something bad because he saved me from a life no one deserves and that he did something I wanted to happen but never had the courage to do it myself. And we all would've been okay."

She lets out a breath, burying her face in her hands and holding back her tears. Jimin hesitates, but reaches out to her anyway, carefully wrapping his arms around her.

"It's not your fault," He says in a whisper and her body only shakes more, making him hold her closer.

It's not long before Jungkook notices them, his face falling to a frown. Approaching them, he sits on the other side of his sister, wrapping his arms around her, too. And the three of them sit there silently, arms around each other, knowing that it is all going to be okay because they aren't alone.

It is all going to be okay.

---

"You know, I never wanted to show you this side of me," Lee says with a small smile, arms crossed as she leans on the door frame.

Jimin stands on the front porch of her house, smiling back. "But you did, huh?"

"There's something about you that makes you... " She trails off, "Trustworthy."

Jimin chuckles. "I'm glad I hold that title."

They stand awkwardly in silence for a few seconds before Lee speaks up.

"Your finals. For the dance competition. When was it again?" She asks.

"In two days," He replies with a grin, "I... uhh... I'll send you the location. If you want to come."

"I'll be there," She says.

"Okay," He nods, taking a step back, "Well, I have to go now. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Jimin turns around, taking a few steps before stopping in his tracks. He turns back around to look at Lee.

"Hey, Lee," He says.

"Yeah?"

"I remember once when I was a kid and some bullies made fun of me at school. I went home crying that day and dad told me 'men don't cry'. But then mom came and she said 'there's no such a thing as men don't cry. Everybody cries, and it's not something you should be ashamed of. Because just the way you laugh to show that you are happy, you cry to show that you are sad'," He pauses, "My point is, it's okay to cry and be vulnerable sometimes. We're only human, right?"