Ch13: Dreaming Too Big

"Hello."

The girl turns her head around, eyes lazily scanning the figure that just walked in. She takes in his radiant smile and sparkly eyes. His dark hair falls messily over his eyes, giving him a playful young look. If she could describe him in one word, it would be "cheerful" as his aura lit up the place once he walked in.

"Hey," She says back, walking towards him.

"Where do I sign up for the MMA classes?" He asks, looking around at the bunch of people training.

"Mr.Kim's office," She says, pointing at a door at the end of the hall.

"Thank you very much," He says, stretching out his hand, "I'm Hoseok."

She hesitates, but takes his hand anyway. "Lee."

Confusion washes over his face for a second, but he's quick to replace it with his wide grin. "Just Lee?"

"Yeah," She nods, walking away. "Just Lee."

"Okay," He shrugs, turning around to walk to the door she gestured at earlier.

---

Lee unlocks the door carefully, walking in with light footsteps towards her bedroom. She stops for a second when the drunk man on the couch shifts, and after a few nerve-wrecking seconds, she continues her way to the room.

Immediately locking the door once she's inside, she drops her backpack on the floor, kneeling down beside it and prying it open.

"Noona?"

She averts her gaze to the younger boy sitting at the other side of the room, back leaning on the wall behind him.

She smiles. "Hey."

Her gaze lands back on the bag, pulling out a stack of money. Her brother furrows his eyebrows, standing up and walking closer towards her, slowly kneeling beside her.

"Look at this," She holds the money up with a grin, "If I continue making this much we can move out by the time I graduate school."

She waits for his smile, but the boy frowns instead, eyebrows furrowed together in disapproval.

"You're fighting again," He says in a whisper, hands reaching out to her bruised one.

Lee rolls her eyes, putting the money back in her bag. "We talked about this before. It's the only way we can get out of this f*cking place. And I'm good at what I do. Aren't you proud of your sister?"

He shakes his head, big doe eyes shining with tears. "If leaving means you getting hurt, then I don't want to."