The Third One Pt. 6

Louie's POV

Ugh, my fist hurts. Punching Huey might've been a little impulsive for me, but he deserved it. Why would he even say something like that?

"Ok, so we know Dewey disappeared during lunch since he didn't show up to any other classes after lunch. But where he went is going to be a harder mystery." I heard Scrooge speaking, but I wish we didn't have to solve this mystery. Why couldn't Dewey just stay?

"He took all his clothes as well, and his phone is gone too." Huey spoke up now, but I didn't even glance at him. Why would I want to look at that duck?

"Ok, so he must've not gone far. Somewhere in Duckburg he is hiding out, and let's be honest. Dewey probably went to the worst neighborhood, where no one would ever go if they had a choice." Mrs. Beakley sighed after she said that, and everyone else did as well. While Dewey has an adventurous spirit, he had no brains to back it up.

"Let's get a move on then, we can't leave that lad out there for long. Someone is bound to find him soon!" Scrooge said. We all hurried out of our seats and set off down to Duckburg. This was going to be a long day.

Huey's POV

Couldn't Dewey pick a less creepy neighborhood to hide in? Or just go to a different town, but without going into a creep neighborhood. Is that too much to ask?

"Keep your eyes pealed, any white duck or blue coloring you see is worth checking out. We don't know if Dewey is still hidden, or if he already was snatched." Scrooge whispered to all of us, not wanting to bring attention to us. We already brought enough attention just being there, shouting out our brother is gone, kind of would make people pay even more attention.

It felt like hours of walking, but we had made it through. With no sign of Dewey. How could he have hidden that well?! There is no wa- oh wait. Wait!

"Uncle Scrooge look!" I pointed towards a piece of blue cotton, obviously from a shirt. We ran up to it, and I could immediately tell it was Dewey's. He had a distinct blue on his first shirt.

"He was here before, and it either means he was already taken or he just got caught for no reason. Knowing Dewey, it could be either." Scrooge sighed, glancing around. There were no other clues, we searched the whole area. We had to call it a night.

Dewey's POV

Yea, this is fun. I left that crappy neighborhood, but I didnt make it out without leaving a piece of evidence. I'd go back tomorrow morning to see if it was gone. Maybe they would actually care and would've gone looking for me.

It wasn't my intentions to leave that piece of my shirt there. Some guy was chasing me, yelling something about capturing me or whatever, and I ran into a stick that was randomly sticking out of a tent. I wasn't going to take the time to get out of the stick, so I just took off, leaving that guy behind.

Anyways, I'm staying under the bridge to the money bin. Not the best hiding place, but if I leave Duckburg, I would probably never get back. It's not intention to leave forever, just for a little while! Hopefully. I mean if I never forgive them, or they don't care anymore, I could just go be on my own, right?

Yeah! Like that one time I ran away with those Sky pirates! That was fun... except when everyone didn't notice I was gone. I mean we all got lost in the shuffle and everything, and I forgave them. But I was 10. I'm 14 now, I understand my feelings way better now! Right?

(Thanks for reading!)