The Third One Pt. 13

Webby's POV

So, here we are. Sitting in the surveillance camera room. Watching Dewey. I mean, he isn't being his full Dewey self, but it's not like I think he possessed or whatever. He is just sitting on his bed, glancing around. Boredom was obviously what he was feeling. It's Dewey, why can no one else see that?

Huey was analyzing his every blink and breath. Louie was just looking at his phone, only concerned when Dewey moved. Scrooge has left us alone in here. But Dewey has rubbed off on me, I had gotten his impatience.

"Guys, that's Dewey! Let's just go talk to him in person!" I grabbed Huey's arm, and tried to pull him away from the screen.

"No. We can't. We have to be sure that it's actually Dewey." Huey pulled away from me, not taking his focus away from the screen. God, so stubborn. Well, if he isn't going to come, and most likely won't let Louie leave, I'll do it myself.

So, I slipped out of the room without the boys noticing. I walked down the hallways, and finally arrived at Dewey's door. I unlocked it with the key nearby, and crept in. Dewey looked straight at me, seeming shocked.

"What are you doing here?" He glanced at the camera, then back at me.

"I know everyone thinks it isn't you, and that your possessed or something, but I know it's you Dewey." I smiled at him, opening my arms for a hug. But Dewey didn't smile back. Instead, he smirked and got an evil look in his eyes.

"Really? You fell for it? I thought you would be smarter then this... uh... Abigail, was it?" Suddenly, Dewey got up and snapped his fingers. The glass shattered on the camera. What- what? Was I wrong?

Suddenly, black goo came out of Dewey's eyes, and turned into... Magica? The real Dewey coughed on the ground, his arms and legs shaking. He looked up at me suddenly, and I saw pure terror. He mouthed "run" to me, and I did just that. I took off, and ran down the hallway. I could see Scrooge, Huey, and Louie running towards me, and I ran as fast as I have ever run. I finally reached them, and I gasped for air.

"It's... Magica... sh- she was in Dewey." I looked up at my uncle, who glared at something behind me. I turned around, and saw Magica, who was holding Dewey's neck. Defeat was in Dewey's eyes, and he didn't even try to escape. Magica has obviously already taken a ton out of him before he had even gotten here.

"Let my brother go!" Huey yelled from behind Scrooge, his eyes blazing with fury.

"Red one, how nice of you to stand up for your brother. Your quiet smart for noticing something was wrong with this one, but it's too late for him." Magica smirked at us, and then threw Dewey down on the ground. I would've thought Dewey would've gotten up and run to us, but he didn't. He just laid there, his eyes closed.

"See you all soon!" Magica laughed, and then snapped her fingers. She disappeared into thin air.

"DEWEY!" Huey ran at Dewey's body, immediately laying him on his lap. Dewey didn't even open his eyes. Huey checked his pulse, and sighed out of relief.

"Why isn't he waking up?" Louie finally spoke up. Scrooge just looked at Dewey.

"Huey, open his eyelids. Is it his normal eyes?" Huey did as Scrooge asked.

"Yes, it's his normal eyes. What are you getting at Uncle Scrooge?" Huey looked up at Scrooge. I did too, why would his eyes even matter? Dewey wasn't even awake!

"I wanted to make sure Magica wasn't still controlling him. He is probably in shock, or passed out from a hit-"

"Or from fear." Everyone looked at me when I interrupted Scrooge. They seemed genuinely shocked I would even say that.

"When Magica came out of Dewey's body, he was weak. But right before I ran for help, he looked at me. It wasn't Dewey, I mean it was, but not the normal Dewey. His eyes showed he was very scared." Huey looked down at his brother as I said this, and looked at his limp brother.

"Fear. It can control us all." And that was the last thing that was said. We all helped carry Dewey to the boy's room. He was put back on his bed, and then we all went to bed. I mean, none of us could sleep. We were all fearful, for the next day, for when Dewey woke up, and most of us all...

When Magica would return.

Dewey's POV

My body aches. I can't remember anything. I wake up in a room. I'm on a bed with blue sheets, and I have blue clothes on. It's dark outside.

What happened?

Flashback

"Look at that, Webby running away from you and what you've done. Once they see that your the reason this has all happened, they won't ever trust you again. Come visit me when you finally learn that what I said is true." The evil eyes snickered, and it snapped its fingers. Then the world went black.

Flashback over

How could I forget? Must've hit my head or something, to forget I'm Dewey Duck! I got my body back... but did what Magica say... is it... true? Will they not trust me anymore? Can I still adventure?

I must've made noise sitting up, because Louie was staring right at me when I looked around. I rubbed my head, and just stared back at him. Why were we just staring at each other? And then, I remembered what Magica said. Did Louie think I was... not myself?

"Louie? What's wrong?" I heard my older brother move from above me. I know that this was normal, but it struck fear in having something over me. I flung myself out of my bed, dodging Louie, and landed on my feet. My older brother seemed startled by my actions, and Louie backed away.

"Dewey? Your awake?" Huey hopped down from his bed, and he reached for me. I gave out a little whimper and backed away from him, fear still controlling me.

"Hey, it's alright. We're going to protect you, no need to be afraid." Huey's tone was light, and he held out his hand. After a moment of hesitation, I relaxed a little.

"Sorry... guess I got scared there." I looked down at the ground. I felt a hand placed on my shoulder.

"We know... she left. If she ever dares come back, at least we will be together again." Louie smiled at me. And for the first time in a while, I felt like I was in control.

(What is Magica planning? Will Dewey believe what she said? Thanks for reading!)