The Third One Pt. 11

Huey's POV

I lost track of that duck. I still followed him after he confronted me, but he just disappeared! Now I'm alone out in town. I bet Louie made it home, he doesn't like being out late. I should've been responsible and gone home earlier. But I was so caught up in the mystery!

Now I'm lost and alone and cold. I have to find a place to stay tonight. I can't make it back to the mansion, and being without a light source, would make it nearly impossible. So I find an alleyway and huddle up against the wall. Why was I so stupid?

I sit there for what seems like hours even if it was only a few minutes. I hear a figure approach and I jump up in alarm. I can't see who it is, so I just put myself into a defensive position. Who knows what villains might be out tonight?!

"Huey?" I shivered with recognition. Is this really who I think it was?

"Dewey? Is that you?" I took myself out of my position and stood with shock as a Dewey looking figure appeared. He had cuts and bruises all over him, and his clothes were so torn that I barely recognized him.

"Huey? It's me Dewey. You have to help me, please! Don't let them take me back! I can't go back there." I looked helplessly at my younger brother. Fear wasn't something he showed a lot, but when he did, you knew it meant something.

"Who hurt you Dewey? And who is them?" Tears streamed down Dewey's face as I said this.

"It's... its..." Dewey didn't even get to finish his sentence as something grabbed him from the shadows. "No! No! HUEY HELP!" I ran out to him, but the figure snatched Dewey to quickly.

"Dewey! No! I just found you, I can't lose you again!" I watched helplessly as the figure and my brother disappeared.

I groaned as I opened my eyes. I was still in the same spot I had fallen asleep. It had been a nightmare. But it seemed all to real, and it scared me to the bones. What if Dewey really was in danger?

As I was thinking about this, I heard a faint call somewhere far from my alley.

"Huey? Huey? Where are you?" I immediately got out and looked around the street. Then I saw it: my little brother, walking around in his green hoodie, looking around for me.

"Louie!" I ran up to him and hugged him. I was crying uncontrollably, from seeing the dream and for the feeling I finally had someone to lean on.

"Where have you been... Huey? Why are you crying? What happened?" My little brother looked straight at me, and I could see his worry.

"I... I... don't want to talk about it right now, can we just go home?" Louie nodded, and as we walked back to the mansion, I regained control of my emotions. This gave me a chance to finally analyze Louie. His eyes seemed to radiate anger and sadness. Odd.

"What's wrong with you Louie?" I look at my brother as he lowered his head even more.

"I snapped at Scrooge. I don't know what came over me, I just really messed up. Big time." Louie sighed. He normally would never think like this unless he really screwed up.

"Scrooge should understand. We are both under a ton of stress with this situation. And if he doesn't, I'll still be on your side." Louie gave me a little smile.

"Thanks Huey. I'm sorry for punching you the other night, I just... snapped again." He smiles sheepishly up at me, and I grinned right back.

"It's fine. But you can definitely stand up to bad guys if you channel at that energy into the right person!" We laughed a little, probably for the first time in a while. And honestly?

It felt good.

Dewey's POV

Ugh, why is it so cold at night? I have this hoodie, but it's not enough. I wish I could just go back to the mansion, and sleep on my bed like nothing ever happened. I was too selfish. And now all I want to do is go home.

What was that? I glance around, something had made a noise. It was near and definitely knew I was here.

"Who's there?" I wasn't scared of this person! I was Dewey Duck! Nothing ever scared me!

"Hello... Dewey. I heard a little green one talking about you running off. And now that I've finally found you, I can start my master plan." Was that... no it couldn't be! She had no powers! Right? Lena has the powers... but what if Magica got to her! Oh no... I'm so dead.

"Plan? And why would you need to bothering me?" Fear crept into my voice, and I knew she could tell. She let out a tiny giggle, a sinister one.

"Well, blue one, I need some way to get into the mansion. Since I already got Lena out of the picture, and you are pretty helpless, I can use you to get in. I've been studying your family, and I know each and everyone one of you very well. They won't even notice it's not actually you." I'm shaking with fear. I was going to be a puppet for Magica... NO. I HAD TO WARN SCROOGE SOMEHOW.

I took off running, straight for the mansion. The cold didn't bother me anymore, all that mattered was getting back to the mansion to save my family from myself.

I suddenly found myself unable to move. I looked to the ground and saw a black substance crawling up my legs. No! No! She can't win! I have to warn Scrooge! I need to-

(Oh, and just as Dewey learned his lesson. Thanks for reading!)