The Third One Pt. 10

Dewey's POV

Finally! I found the store! God, why can't this town like make a huge obvious sign, so you can find where the store is? That would make life so much easier! Whatever, we found it and that's all that matters!

As I walk into the store, something red catches my eye from outside of the store. I quickly go back and look, but whatever it was, it had already disappeared. Odd. Probably just my imagination.

I had 20 dollars to spare for food, the rest I needed to save. So I bought some food and water, just enough for me to survive one week. I would have to find another way to get more money, it's not like sneaking into the mansion is a good idea. So, I got my food and water, and then walked out. And guess what I saw? The same red color standing in the shadows!

"Who's there?" I asked, dropping my voice again. It could be someone who is looking for me, and- wait. Red? Oh shoot, I thought I heard Webby say Huey was at the mansion! Ok, Dewey, just act like Phooey.

"Hello, I'm Huey Duck," the red duck emerged from the shadows, "who are you?" Ok, I can't act shocked because that would give something away, but how can Huey not recognize me? Am I actually really good with disguising myself? I wouldn't think so. I have to keep my stories straight between my brothers, so I have to be Phooey.

"I'm Phooey. Why were you hiding in the shadows?" I had to play defense in this case, there was nothing else I could do!

"Oh I uh... I was looking at the material of the building?" Huey looked a little frazzled, so I knew immediately it wasn't what he was doing. What if he was following me? What if he knew and just wasn't 100 percent sure? I gotta keep playing it cool.

"Oh really? What material is the building anyways?" I asked, my eyebrows raised. I would've done this being Dewey as well, so acting through this was pretty easy.

"I couldn't actually tell in the dark, I forgot my flashlight. Well, I uh have to... go... somewhere. Bye!" Huey ran off, and I smirked. I had won this battle and he knew it. It could've been way worse if he had been the one asking questions.

I headed off in the same direction back down the bridge. I could make room somewhere for the food, but I had to make sure no one saw me go there. It would be a dead giveaway that I was running away, or I was a criminal. But as I glanced around, no one seemed to care about me. I mean that's a good thing, but I also wanted all eyes on me sometimes as well. Would everyone ignore me if I was just normal Dewey walking around town?

Well I'm not going to experiment it now, especially being on the run. It's not the best to get attention while your hiding from your own family, who was spies.

Ok yea, I probably should've thought of the spy part before I ran away.

Evening

Louie's POV

Well, we didn't find Dewey today. But we started out late, we will have more time tomorrow! Webby and I walk through the mansions door to find Scrooge glaring at us.

"Where were you two?!" His voice was demanding, but I didn't feel like lying this time. I was just going to tell him part of the truth, which isn't lying.

"We were out looking for Dewey." I glanced at ground, hoping my acting skills would let this lie pass. As I looked up with a sad look in my eye, Scrooge looked sadly at me.

"Lad, we have tried. I have search teams looking everywhere outside of Duckburg, and one team is searching Duckburg while your at school. Leave this to the professionals." As Scrooge started to walk away, something inside me cracked. I was not going to be told to stop.

"No." Yea, I said it, and Scrooge looked pretty shocked I went against him.

"Respect your elders! They know more than you." He glared at me sternly, and I could feel me about to retreat. But I couldn't. Dewey was gone, and I was not about to be told to not look for my own brother.

"OH REALLY. SO, IF YOUR LOOKING SO VERY HARD AND HAVE SEARCHED EVERY CORNER OF DUCKBURG, WHY HAVEN'T YOU FOUND HIM?" I raised my voice, knowing very well Scrooge would not have an answer for this.

He looked at me shocked, trying to come up with an answer. But he couldn't, just as I expected.

"Yea, thought so. That's because you aren't trying to find MY brother. You aren't doing everything in your power. What if he IS DEAD? Huh, what would you do then? Go cry in your room? Well you can't. Because if Dewey is gone, like dead gone, I will never forgive you and never let you forget my BROTHER." And with that, I went to my room. I could feel Webby's and Scrooge's eyes on my back, but I didn't care. Just like Scrooge didn't seem to care.

(Thanks for reading!)