The Third One Pt. 14

Dewey's POV

It's been about 4 days since I was released from Magica's grasp. And truth be told? I feel like she was right. Everyone seems skeptical, and quite careful with me. I just wish I had never run away, then Magica would've never gotten in here! It's all my fault.

And that's not all my words. I've heard Louie and Huey talking about how if I hadn't run off it wouldn' have happened. I have to admit, I couldn't believe at first, but I took a peak in the room, and it was obviously them. And it hurt. We haven't talked since the morning I woke. Scrooge said it was best that I was put in a room where I could recover. So, I've been in this room for 2 days, only allowed out for the bathroom and food. I heard them yesterday. And that's when I stopped asking Scrooge to sleep in my normal room.

Why would I want to sleep with the brothers who believed this was all my fault? I mean, it is, but they could support me a little!

The mansion has been on lockdown, with high security on my room especially. Scrooge said I was vulnerable to Magica, since I had already been controlled by her. I agreed with him, to be, one, away from my brothers, and two... safe. I'm scared. It scarred me, and any black substance still strikes fear into me. Did I need therapy? Hopefully not, that seems like it would be boring.

I've been hearing voices as well. My brothers saying it was my fault is pretty much most of it, but everything Magica said still was clear in my mind.

And that's when I saw it. Magica stood in the room, a smirk on her face. She held out her hand, and started walking towards me. I backed up till I felt the walk against my back.

"They don't trust you. They know it's all your fault. They think your a monster. Join me Dewey." I glanced at her hand. I covered my ears with my hands. She kept repeating what she said.

"STOP IT. I WILL NEVER! NO!" I yelled out, still having my hands over my ears. The door swung open, and Scrooge looked down at me. He looked around but Magica had disappeared. I still shook and still covered my ears, and I stayed in that position till Scrooge shook me.

"Its okay Dewey, no one is here... no one is going to hurt you." He rubbed my head as I looked at him. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I got up. I hugged him tightly, crying into his shoulder.

"I'm seeing things and hearing things... Im scared. Please never let me join her." I sobbed, and fatigue suddenly overtook me. The last thing I heard was:

"Join her? What do you mean lad?" And then I fell asleep.

Scrooge's POV

Don't let me join her... what could that mean? He is hearing voices... seeing things... Magica must've said something to him before releasing him. Put a spell on him? But we ran tests! Nothing was wrong with him. Physically at least. Magica must've really screwed his mind up.

Huey's POV

Dewey doesn't want to leave his room. It's been 2 weeks. He doesn't have the enthusiasm, the strength, or any life left. He is just... there. He hasn't communicated with anyone since Scrooge 2 weeks ago. He gave us strict instructions to not come in his room if he screams or is crying. He says it's dangerous. He doesn't even trust himself.

I mean, Louie and I know he isn't trustworthy currently, but to see him doubt himself? It hurts. He ate 2 days ago. He eats every 2 days now, but he hasn't come to get his food yet. So, I'm taking it to him. I should really make him eat more, starving isn't going to make anything better.

As I approach the door, I hear his screams. I'm supposed to ignore them, but I can't. They have gotten worse and worse. So, I set the food down and go into his room. He was yelling at a figure that wasn't there. I watch him then suddenly collapse.

"Dewey!" I run up to him, grabbing him and pulling him close. He looks at me, then back at where the figure has supposedly been.

"Why are you here Huey?" Dewey just looked at the ground. It's like he... didn't want me here.

"Your going to eat more Dewey. You won't let anyone help you, so I'm not giving you a choice. I will help you, wether you like it or not." I stood up and grabbed the plate of food. I brought it to him, and sent it in front of him.

"Why? You don't even trust me. You think it's ally my fault." Dewey finally looked at me, with his bloodshot eyes. How did he- he must've heard me and Louie talking.

"I'm sorry Dewey... I trust you. You can't take this out on yourself, it could've been any of us being caught alone by Magica. But you'll die if you keep treating yourself this way. Please, let us help you." I held out my hand. Dewey looked at my hand, then back up at me.

"Please Dewey. We need you." I looked behind me, and saw Louie at the door. He had tears in his eyes. He walked up, stood beside me, and put his hand out as well.

Dewey looked at both of us, then at the ground. We stood there for 2 minutes, before Dewey finally looked at us, a smile on his face.

"Ok. Whatever we do, we can do it together." He grabbed both of our hands, and we pulled him up. It might not seem like Dewey was fully back, but we were going to help him get there. Together.

(Yay! They made up! Dewey is going to try being normal again! But what about Magica's words? Thanks for reading!)