The Third One Pt. 7

Huey's POV

This is a first. I don't want to go to school today! Come on, when your brother magically disappears with only 1 clue left behind, you kind of don't want to do anything else but solve the mystery! But Scrooge said we had too, and try to act like Dewey was just sick.

So, here I am, waiting for class to start with Louie, who obviously wishes Dewey's disappearance would get us out of school!  I mean, he looks pretty bad. Bandaged up hand, his hair is kind of messy, and he seems less... Louie. If that's a thing. I mean, he is still the lazy brother I've come to know and love, but he isn't talking with others. I think this whole mystery is affecting him more than me.

"Llewelyn Duck! Pay attention!" Mr. Quacks quacked (get it 🤣). Louie snapped his head up, and fiddled with his hoodie. Odd, he normally had an excuse for why he is distracted. I would normally try to comfort him, but I'm not at good terms with him since he... ya know... attacked me. He doesn't want my comfort or my presence. He just wants Dewey back.

I guess we take our siblings for granted, but once they're gone, we realize, that we actually do need them. Through thick and thin, they are the ones who support us, make us laugh, and make us cry. Were the Duck brothers... but...

Right now we just don't seem whole.

Webby's POV

School sucked. I'm a grade below the boys, so I don't get to hang out with them during the day anymore. What's the best part of the day you ask? When it's 3:23 with 1 second left of our last period. Do you know how good that feels?

Anyways, the boys get home about 20 minutes before me, so I don't have to worry about being lonely when I get back. So, I go to their room immediately only to find that Huey was only there.

"Where's Louie?" I didn't want to talk to him, but I needed to find Louie.

"Out looking for Dewey or something. He said he didn't want his selfish brother with him, so I let him go." My mouth dropped open as Huey said this. Huey was the responsible one! He shouldn't let Louie loose on the world!

"What?! Ok, I'm going to go find him!" I yelled, running off. I glanced behind me, but Huey didn't follow me. It seems Huey is stepping down from his older brother position. Well, I'm just the gal to fill that post!

Louie's POV

Yea this was a bad idea. I see that now. How am I, sir Louie Duck, supposed to find my brother in the town of Duckburg! Would he go somewhere obvious? No, he isn't that dumb... wait I'm talking about Dewford, not Hubert. Hmm... maybe he... he could be... AGHH.

I can't find a single CHILD in this whole city! I had to use someone or something to help me! Think Louie...

YES I GOT IT!

LITTLE BULB CAN HELP ME!

Ok, ok, last time did not go so well. But Gyro has made improvements and modifications! And I know what I did wrong last time, so as long as I don't just call him "Just a robot" or make him do all the work, it'll be fine.

Now I just have to convince Gyro, hope no one else finds out, and find my brother! I don't need Huey!

Actually take that back, I do. I would be pretty lost without Huey. He helped when we were just ducklings, and I can't leave my own brother behind. Next time I see him, I'll apologize. No sense on being my own, especially when I already feel pretty empty without Dewey.

Meh, I'll find him! With the help of Little Bulb, we'll be unstoppable!

(Better not let it get out of hand Louie, last time didn't go so well for you! Thanks for reading!)