Chapter 7-Lecturing

Madisyn shook her husband desperately.

"Loki, wake up!"

The frost giant only snuggled deeper into his pillow and groaned. "Oh, Madisyn ..."

"Wake up!"

He cried out as she rolled him onto the floor. He stood up and glared at her.

"What the heck was that for?!"

"Belle's gone!" Madisyn shrieked.

His eyes widened. "What do you mean gone?"

"I went to wake her for breakfast, but she wasn't in bed!"

He waved his hand and huffed. "I'm sure she just went to the bathroom or the garden or something."

"I've looked everywhere!"

"The bowling alley?"

"Yes."

"The swimming pool?

"Yes."

"The ice cream room?"

"Yes."

"The bouncy room?"

"Yes! She's nowhere in the house! What if something horrible happened to her?"

He chuckled and patted her on the head. "Don't get so paranoid, honey. Belle's a big girl. Wherever she is, she can take care of herself."

"Loki!"

He sighed. "Alright, if it will ease your worry, I will look for her."

He summoned a metal detector and scanned the ground. Madisyn raised an eyebrow at this action until the machine beeped.

"I got her scent! Follow me!"

"Ha!" Rumple exclaimed, taking Belle's knight with his rook.

The girl simply rolled her eyes and moved her queen with her magic. The chess piece suddenly came to life and sliced the rook with a marble sword.

"Checkmate," she said.

"Aw, man!" the prince groaned.

"Don't feel bad. You put up a pretty good fight."

"How'd you get so good at this?"

"My dad and I would play using both our magic."

"Your dad has powers like yours? I thought you were the only one."

She bit her lip, not wanting to scare her new friend off. "I'm unique for...different reasons."

"I never knew hanging out could be so much fun!"

"Five thousand brothers and sisters and you don't hang out with them?"

"Well, they're not exactly my siblings. You see..."

He was cut short when Loki appeared between them, crushing the remaining chess pieces. Rumple jumped back in fright. The frost giant was all blue and had red eyes, his magic ready to use, his teeth growling at the fire giant.

"Step away from my daughter!" he barked.

"Daddy, wait!" Belle protested.

"That's your dad?!" Rumple squealed.

Madisyn then emerged from the bushes, rushing to her daughter. "Belle! Thank goodness you're alright!"

"Mom?" Belle uttered as her mother took her protectively in her arms.